Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Engine Stalling (Read 66 times)
Onederer
Ex Member

Engine Stalling
03/30/08 at 16:33:54

After running the Savage 80mph for hours with ocasional 90mph burst, after a wot run then pulling in the clutch to coast to a intersection, then engine stalls. After restarting the engine, it runs fine. Had this happen a couple of times. Has anyone else had the same happen? Its not in the neutral safety system, and the bike runs fine otherwise.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Engine Stalling
Reply #1 - 03/30/08 at 16:40:41

same answer different person...

turn up the idle speed hot rod.

WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 03/30/08 at 19:45:10

make real sure the vac line is sealed to the petc0ck - try the same haularse procedure with it on PRI - so far as the idle - while it sounds cool down around 800-1k thump thump thmp you know - the best idle so far as the machine goes is where the headlight does not dim at idle on high beam - you can tell it watch the light - rev a little - if it gets brighter your idle is to low for best results so far as the machine goes -
if you idled right and it dies after a haularse close the throttle - add 1/8 turn to the mixture and try it again

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/30/08 at 21:28:33

If I pull the clutch in running over 65 it dies every time, Unless I keep the throttle in it a bit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/30/08 at 21:39:11

I think it's quite normal for the rpm's to dip abit after an extended run of any rpm's.  The engine pulled a vacuum while it was idling down staving for gas and air.  Takes awhile to catch up.  These are not fuel injected you know.  Monitored and compensated for everything.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:26:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine Stalling

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.