Send Topic Print
Carb Jetting Question (Read 222 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Carb Jetting Question
Reply #15 - 03/29/08 at 20:59:10

That is eaxactly what is happening to the FireLizard that I keep posting about, but nothing works. I have tried everything suggested on here.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 03/30/08 at 07:45:05

eanon wrote on 03/29/08 at 20:56:13:
yeah, I got all the tabs in the correct spot.  was real careful about all that.  reelthing, you seem to on the money.  I dialed out 2-3/8's, and she seems to be running better.  Have to go party with the friends now, it is sat night!  Will try and do a real fine tune tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

if you @ 2-3/8's your getting out to where a one up on the pilot jet makes sense @ 3 or bit before the mixture screw stops doing much of anything - might consider thinning the spacer a bit more

were you able to lay hands on the stainless hex key bolts for the carb ?

and be sure the clamps on both sides of the carb are tight you need a good seal  

IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #17 - 03/30/08 at 08:59:26

sorry, I meant 2 to 3 eights past 1 & 3/4, as the initial starting point for tuning.  So I guess I was at 2, maybe 2 & 1/8.  I went to get some replacement bolts, but freaking Lowe's didn't have any short enough.  The had some m8s, but all were too long.  Gonna go to home depot today.

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #18 - 03/30/08 at 09:07:59

Don't know if you have one around there but the a Sears Hardware/Applnce store here seems to carry a very good supply of stainless metric bolts

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 03/30/08 at 09:10:40

Long ones can always be made shorter.
And they are not blind holes long ones are ok except for the extra effort.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #20 - 03/30/08 at 09:12:31

Extra effort?  Extra effort?  Who do you think I am?  Superman? Roll Eyes     They didn't have any #4 washers either, nor could the girl in the hardware dept. help me at all.  Not a big shocker.  I just got fed up and left.

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 03/30/08 at 09:20:38

Was she a distraction or an anoyance?   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #22 - 03/30/08 at 16:17:34

not a distraction, unfortunately!   Shocked   just annoying....

IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #23 - 04/04/08 at 15:07:36

So she's still bottoming out.  It's starting to get really annoying, not to mention dangerous.  (down shift and hold the clutch in for a turn, and dead bike)  Apparently YonuhAdisi is having the same problem.    KwakNut and Reelthing both suggested the idle mixture screw (thanks for the input, guys) , which I've been messing with for the last week, and still haven't found the "sweet spot".  The only things I changed were the main jet (145-150), and the spacer (took a little more than a third off, just a bit more than half left).  She's desnorkeled and has a screaming eagle, if that helps.  I'm gonna try putting a washer under the spacer to bring it back up a little.  Anybody have any suggestions?

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #24 - 04/05/08 at 08:51:42

I know am no longer have that problem (so far anyway).

What I did was take the carb apart again and used some fine emery cloth the sand the slide lengthwise then shot the snot out of it with carb cleaner. I also completely removed the pilot air screw o-ring and all and re-installed it to be sure everything was seating correctly.

I still get a backfire on shut down (sounds like a weak black cat fire cracker going off) but decel doesn't have nary a one. I can now even fire the bike up without even touching the throttle and it idles without holding the throttle open until it warms.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:22:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb Jetting Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.