I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

NE Ohio
Re: rear tire removal
Reply #15 - 03/27/08 at 20:37:59

sluggo wrote on 03/27/08 at 10:24:27:
JakeB wrote on 03/26/08 at 17:15:29:
sluggo wrote on 03/26/08 at 17:10:50:
i've never had to remove the shock    why  would i...

Hmmm... maybe it's just mine, but I cannot get the upper belt cover off with out removing the shock. Maybe the mounting tabs are bent funny. Undecided

now,  why remove the belt cover, never had to do that either.  and i've had the back off quite a few times.  

I guess I just like to take mine apart more than needed.  Embarrassed

Either way it isn't much more work to take all of that off and seems to make everything go a whole lot easier (for me at least).  Plus, if you take both shocks off you don't have to lift the wheel up when reinstalling, just the swingarm.

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: rear tire removal
Reply #16 - 04/12/08 at 20:57:09

Well, I finally got it done. Wasn't so bad after all. I didn't remove the belt covers either. And the spacers are pretty much self explainatory. Little one on right, big one on left. The brakes were easy too. They wanted $50 for a new tube and installation, with wheel off bike. So, I just patched the tube and installed it my dang self. The hardest part of the whole job was getting the bike jacked up. My son helped me lift it up onto a stack of 2 by 4's. Teetering all the way but it worked. Thanks for all the hints.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 14:28:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rear tire removal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.