Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
problem adjusting valves (Read 278 times)
dex3703
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Seattle
Re: problem adjusting valves
Reply #15 - 03/24/08 at 17:12:17

Yes that's what happened.

The Suzuki place wasn't very helpful, but at least they have the parts in stock and they aren't expensive.

WWW   IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #16 - 03/24/08 at 17:16:48

Most stealerships aren't.When you tell them Savage/S40 they look at you like you're from another planet Huh.I'm suprised they had the parts Shocked.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #17 - 03/24/08 at 21:35:52

dex3703 wrote on 03/24/08 at 17:12:17:
Yes that's what happened.

The Suzuki place wasn't very helpful, but at least they have the parts in stock and they aren't expensive.

The part's guys at the dealerships are only supposed to be helpful in finding and selling you parts and accessories. Helping you beyond that puts their mechanics in the shop out of a job. You're not at Auto Zone with a quasi mechanic or shade tree hotrod guy behind the counter willing to give tips.

If your dealer actually stocks parts, that is a miracle in itself. They should be congratulated.

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #18 - 03/25/08 at 04:25:38

I'm having thesame problem...getting the plugout.  I know mine hasn't been removed in 13 years....I tried and broke a corner of the "slot" off.  Then I tried the tapping screwdriver way...darned if I didn't crack the plug and it leaks oil BARELY.  Now I have ordered another plug and until it comes I'll seal up the slot and I'll removed sealer when I remove plug in a destructive manner...I though about drilling two holes, opposite the slot and make a tool to remove the old plug.  Does anyone know about how much clearence there is between the plug and the stuff behind it?

Because I can!
  IP Logged
dex3703
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Seattle
Reply #19 - 03/30/08 at 08:59:48

Thanks folks. I finally got it off with a brake adjustment tool (has a nice long flat side). I removed the generator cover and fished all the metal bits out I can find and it looks like I got them all. Adjusted the valves and hopefully all is well. Will start it later today.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:19:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › problem adjusting valves

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.