Send Topic Print
Leaking Carb Question (Read 211 times)
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Re: Leaking Carb Question
Reply #15 - 03/30/08 at 11:38:02

yeah connections under the tank are good.  Clutch, neutral, and kickstand are all good.  It wants to turn over, you can hear it, its so close, just wont quite turn.

When I had it running last night it was running way too rich.  Could this have anything to do with it not turning over?

Still trying to make my way to the idle mixture screw.  That darn brass plug doesnt want to come out.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 03/30/08 at 11:41:30

Latimer wrote on 03/30/08 at 11:03:17:
I am now thinking that this is a problem with my mixture idle screw, so I think im going to drill that out and try to get to it

noway can it run right until you adjust the idle mixture after a change to the pilot jet

won't start? - need more info - do you hear the decomp click?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 03/30/08 at 11:44:22

Latimer wrote on 03/30/08 at 11:38:02:
yeah connections under the tank are good.  Clutch, neutral, and kickstand are all good.  It wants to turn over, you can hear it, its so close, just wont quite turn.

When I had it running last night it was running way too rich.  Could this have anything to do with it not turning over?

Still trying to make my way to the idle mixture screw.  That darn brass plug doesnt want to come out.

careful on the plug there is a real important screw head just a little ways under it you don't want to bugger

without an adjustment on the mixture and an up size on the pilot jet - you should have been very rich at idle

IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #18 - 03/30/08 at 11:52:16

Yeah the plug wont budge so basically I've drilled it out and now just need to get a smaller flathead screwdriver to get to the idle screw.

It wont start, after I try to turn it over for a while I hear the click click click of the battery.  I have the battery hooked up to a trickle charger right now as Im trying to start it....

Also of note, I just tried to start it in first gear as opposed to neutral, the bike lurched forward a tad.... dont think thats good because I had my clutch all the way in.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #19 - 03/30/08 at 11:59:26

Latimer wrote on 03/30/08 at 11:52:16:
Yeah the plug wont budge so basically I've drilled it out and now just need to get a smaller flathead screwdriver to get to the idle screw.

It wont start, after I try to turn it over for a while I hear the click click click of the battery.  I have the battery hooked up to a trickle charger right now as Im trying to start it....

Also of note, I just tried to start it in first gear as opposed to neutral, the bike lurched forward a tad.... dont think thats good because I had my clutch all the way in.  

when the oil is cold they'll jump like that as the clutch plates do not seperate very well

on the battery - if it's under for sure or close to 12.3v the engine will turn over a bit but will not spark enough start  

IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #20 - 03/30/08 at 12:03:38

ok, just hoping its a battery thing.  Gonna let this thing charge for a while.  

Onto the idle screw.  This is it right?  Please tell me I didnt drill out the wrong thing on the carb....

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #21 - 03/30/08 at 12:10:09

Oh NOOO

naw that's it I was sure hope'n you were on the right thing - one fellow tried to drill out the throttle plate shaft right under it

IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #22 - 03/30/08 at 12:11:06

Reelthing wrote on 03/30/08 at 12:10:09:
Oh NOOO

naw that's it I was sure hope'n you were on the right thing - one fellow tried to drill out the throttle plate shaft right under it

haha my heart jumped at first there.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #23 - 03/30/08 at 12:14:04

when you get sme life back in the battery - lightly seat the mixture screw (turn clockwise) and for grins count how many turns out it was

since you up'd the pilot jet open it 1 out (turn CCW) should be able to idle from there if not up the idle speed a little

IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #24 - 03/30/08 at 14:44:33

well ive really done it this time, i drilled too deep into the plug and nipped the screw.  I think ive ruined the head of the screw.  Anyone done this?  Anyone know a good way to get replace the screw without taking apart the whole carb?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #25 - 03/30/08 at 15:23:23

several folks have done that - some have managed to cut a new slot - hope some will chime in

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:22:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Leaking Carb Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.