Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage plus nine inches (Read 699 times)
Savage+9
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Savage plus nine inches
Reply #15 - 03/21/08 at 14:15:31

The whole reason I lengthened it was because it was too short. My knees were all bent up and the handlebars were too close. Now the pedals are perfect and so is the steering. With four bars holding it all together, there's plenty of strength. Lotsa bikes only have two.  I hung her from the rafters with two chains and broke out my trusty die grinder and cut that pregnant dog in half.  I used four pieces of steel tube that jammed into the  eight ends and migged it all together. Next time I'd use tube the same o.d. and eight small sleeves inside.  Maybe use shorter pieces on top to rake that neck a little. If you're around L.A. stop by 90710, Harbor City and check it out.

IP Logged
Savage+9
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/21/08 at 14:23:46

I didn't call my bike a "pregnant dog". I called it a bxxxx. And what is a "mid conversion"?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 03/21/08 at 14:24:46

I'm having a party when the savage italian (mpescatory) visits.

You have to come or we're raiding your refrigerator!

Darn! this is old news already.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1205443289

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 03/21/08 at 14:30:27

Savage+9 wrote on 03/21/08 at 14:23:46:
I didn't call my bike a "pregnant dog". I called it a bxxxx. And what is a "mid conversion"?

That's one one of the seven deadly words.  I know it's a b!tch.

mid control conversion, some of the vertically challenged need to move the controls a bit closer to the seat.  When I saw john's seat, thought it would be perfect to move the seat closer to the controls (pedals)   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #19 - 03/21/08 at 20:21:49

verslagen1 wrote on 03/21/08 at 14:30:27:
Savage+9 wrote on 03/21/08 at 14:23:46:
<snip> And what is a "mid conversion"?

<snip> mid control conversion, some of the vertically challenged need to move the controls a bit closer to the seat.  When I saw john's seat, thought it would be perfect to move the seat closer to the controls (pedals)   Grin

5' 11" isn't all that vertically challenged. I'd just like to try a Savage with the controls where I think they should be for good control and comfort on a motorcycle.

It's funny to me that I used to ride dirt bikes sunrise to sunset without my butt getting as sore as a couple of hours on a Savage with a stock seat. There's a lot go be said about being able to put weight on the bike's pegs. It lowers the center of gravity of the whole mass of the bike/rider combo, plus your legs "suspend" your body off of the tail bone and gives it a rest.

However, considering the stock Savage's frame dimensions, I might need springs about a foot tall under that big azz solo seat to make the whole thing work. Might kind feel like riding "Bucky the Wonder Horse" when you were a child.   Grin Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 03:24:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage plus nine inches

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.