Send Topic Print
Bike Won't Start... (Read 177 times)
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Bike Won't Start...
Reply #15 - 03/17/08 at 18:38:35

Well, good news, I tried out the bike this evening and I got it running!

I figured I would try and start it one more time before taking out the battery and the like, and I throttled it just a bit on the third or fourth turn and it roared to life.

man am I glad. I made sure to warm her up nicely, and then took her out for an hours ride or so, to charge up the battery I drained down.

Hopefully this means I can take my bike on that trip this weekend and get it serviced properly!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #16 - 03/19/08 at 05:17:43

Great to hear, SpacePirate.

Being on campus, I imagine you'd have to do all your maintenance in the parkinglot or on the side walk.  (I remeber trying to keep my F-100 pickup running when I was in college.  I'd have to keep pizza boxes under it to catch the oil..)

If you need a garage to do some stuff in, you're welcome to ride out this way (not to mention that Tracey's World of Cycles is 2 miles from my house, with a ready supply of parts and accesories).....

Anyhoo, when it gets a little warmer, we need to get together for a ride.  Lemme know.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #17 - 03/19/08 at 05:53:36

Aye, a garage would be an amazing thing to have, especially now when it is cold and wet.

Right now my Savage is sitting in a parking garage, mostly out of the weather but it is still far from ideal. It is impossible to keep clean, and I don't even have wax for it, which it disparately needs. So maybe in a few weeks if I could buy some wax I might take you up on  that garage offer...

And as for the ride, that would be fantastic. I've mostly limited myself to riding around Schenley park and Squirrel Hill, which are ok, but there aren't many places to really open up the throttle. Just getting over by the airport will be a nice ride for me.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:32:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike Won't Start...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.