Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adjusting Air Mixture Screw? (Read 104 times)
Cory

Ride Hard Or Stay
Home

OHIO
Adjusting Air Mixture Screw?
03/15/08 at 08:34:10

Hey guys i changed the muff on my 2000 savage and i noticed the air mixture screw had been tampered with before i bought the bike so i want to adjust the screw because of some popping when i shift gears but i have never adjusted something like thatt so i want to know how do i get it adjusted to where i need to to be to run better than factory . When you say turn the screw out do you mean out towards you or out towards the bike sorry for not being very knowledgable with this stuff .  So basically do i turn the screw all the way to the left or right and then how many turns back ? I was for sure i saw how to do this somewhere on the forum but now i can't find it .  Huh Huh

2000 Savage , Ebc Brakes , HD Dyna Muffler , Diamond Grips , Diamond Mirrors , Leather Saddlebags
crimsonhand1977   IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: Adjusting Air Mixture Screw?
Reply #1 - 03/15/08 at 09:01:29

its in the tech section. turn it right to lean it out, left to richen it up. small increments, try to get it running better first then read the plug for better fine tuning. also make sure you dont have any leaks  where your muff goes on, or at the head.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 03/15/08 at 09:07:25

do a search for "lancers quick and easy carb tuning"   it works!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 03/15/08 at 09:12:09

Hey Cory
For future reference, look in the tech section, open the index look for carb stuff it's all together.

1st thing is to know thyself, or where it's currently adjusted.
Turn the screw ClockWise (CW) counting the number of turns till it stops, caution! don't turn it hard! some times it gets stuck.
Turn it CounterCW (CCW) the same number of turns back out.
Start your engine warm it up using any method (stare at it till muffler starts to smoke or my favorite method ride around the neighborhood looking for cats and squirrels to run over, avoiding the dead ones you ran over yesterday)
Now that it's good and warm, get the ear wax out so you can hear real good and slowly turn the screw out untill the rpm drops a bit.  This should be done in about 1/8 turn increments waiting abit inbetween, maybe giving the throttle a twist.  Repeat until  Grin  But keep going until the rpm's start to drop off again.

This can be done on the side of the road inbetween short runs to test it out.

Last word of caution, if the screw is out more than 3 turns, there's a posibility that it can come loose on the road and fall out.  If it's more than 3 turns, get the next size up pilot jet.

WWW   IP Logged
Cory

Ride Hard Or Stay
Home

OHIO
Reply #4 - 03/17/08 at 09:19:05

Thanks Guys i went and adjusted my air mixture to the left 2 and a half turns and now the bike runs better and no popping or backfiring at all . so i had a successful weekend thanks to you guys and suzuki savage .com i got my exhaust done , oil change and air mixture screw adjusted next weekend i got the spark plug to change and both sets of brakes .

2000 Savage , Ebc Brakes , HD Dyna Muffler , Diamond Grips , Diamond Mirrors , Leather Saddlebags
crimsonhand1977   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:32:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Adjusting Air Mixture Screw?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.