skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Carb jet Question
03/12/08 at 13:48:36

Hey, again... Another tuning question.

I currently have a Mikuni 55 pilot jet in my carb.  I am looking to go up to a 57.5 pilot jet (so that I can turn my A/F mixture screw in (its nearly 3 turns out right now)).

I can order a standard N151.067 pilot jet in 57.5.  I can also order a BS30/96 in 57.5.  The BS30/96 is a bleed thru emulsifier pilot (it is perforated with holes along the length of the jet.)

Am I better off with the N151.067 (which is what is currently in the carb) or can I use the BS30/96?  Will I see any performance difference between the two?

Thanks again!

« Last Edit: 03/12/08 at 15:26:57 by skrapiron -FSO »  

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Carb jet Question
Reply #1 - 03/12/08 at 19:12:01

you can use the "emulsifier pilot" with out much difference - it does seem very odd your up that large on the pilot - some thing else is wrong I think

IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Re: Carb jet Question
Reply #2 - 03/14/08 at 05:43:30

I feel SOOOO stupid....

Why has my bike started the 'honey I'm home' backfire and it wasn't doing it (as badly last summer)?  Why has the pilot circuit leaned out, when nothing else has changed?  Do I have a leak? A loose bolt?  A stripped screw? A pack of M-80s in the muffler?

No.  (Idiot)  Its cold.  

I tuned the bike when the air temps were in the high 80s and low 90s with some pretty good humidity.  It was running great in those conditions.   But lately, I've been riding in mid 30s to low 40s.  Cold air is more dense than hot air.  With my K&N cone, I'm sucking in ALOT of cold air.  The change in air density has caused my bike to become a tick lean.  

So what do I need to do?  For starters, I re-tuned the a/f mixture screw.  3 1/8 turns out (2 1/2 turns out in the summer).   That reduced the boom to a pop.

I also figured out that if I pull my choke out 1 notch before I shut down, it doesn't backfire at all.

Man, some engineer I turned out to be.....

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:21:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb jet Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.