Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
install guidelines for jetset? (Read 9 times)
nervekiler

ridin in the rain

vancouver, wa
install guidelines for jetset?
03/12/08 at 10:53:10

so i just did a search with no luck.

just got lancers jetset and, well call me stupid, i have no idea where they go. dont want to get into the carb with questions so just wondering can anyone post a picture or directions of how to replace the jet? i have a #55 pilot jet and some main jets.

i have a stock appearing muffler that has been hollowed out and a K&N drop in air filter and desnorkeled air box. white spacer has been cut in half so i was thinking the 152.5 main would be a good starting point. does this sound reasonable?
and what does the pilot jet control? what advantage woudl i see going from whatever stock is to the #55?

thanks for any and all replies. in a few hours im gonna get to work where i have very limited internet access to swap these jets out (its where my tools are).

all jets are acessable by removing the fuel bowl on the bottom of the carb right? do i need to remove the carb completely from the bike or not?

Frank T. Cartoys jantzen beach

97 savage 650 - HD pipes, carb spacer mod, idle screw adjusted, 152.5/55 jets, K&N air filter, big crank battery, chopped up a bit
WWW dirtbikehero mryummm   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: install guidelines for jetset?
Reply #1 - 03/12/08 at 11:37:13

If it's the 1st time that carb's been apart, you'll want to take it off the bike.  The screws can be a b itch.

Yup, drop the bowl and there they are.  The main is mach dab in the center and idle is somewhere around, look for numbers and same size.

Are you 3 turns out on the idle screw adjustment?
If not then you don't need to change.

WWW   IP Logged
nervekiler

ridin in the rain

vancouver, wa
Re: install guidelines for jetset?
Reply #2 - 03/12/08 at 12:07:36

savage greg reccomended larger jets after tinkering with my carb.

well off to the shop i go hopefully ill notice an improvement.. i dont mind my low powered machine i just hate it running like crap like its never warmed up Smiley

gotta change the jets and hopefully find out why im leaking oil out of the air passage in my head.. this is my main mode of transportation i wanna make sure its running healthy as can be as i cannot afford to drive my van more than a few times a week (8mpg with gas over 3.50 a gallon kills me).

Frank T. Cartoys jantzen beach

97 savage 650 - HD pipes, carb spacer mod, idle screw adjusted, 152.5/55 jets, K&N air filter, big crank battery, chopped up a bit
WWW dirtbikehero mryummm   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:29:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › install guidelines for jetset?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.