Send Topic Print
jetting on ls650 (Read 26 times)
proangler
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

jetting on ls650
03/04/08 at 09:43:04

I have a 1987 LS650. I want to put a KN style cone filter on it and possibly do something with the exhaust. I believe the jet in 1986-1987 were .155 instead of .145 (which they changed to for emissions reasons.) What size should I upgrade to if I only use a cone filter, or if I run a cone filter along with a straight exhaust.

any down falls to running it with only the main exhaust with the propper jets? will it sound like crap and major loss of hp?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: jetting on ls650
Reply #1 - 03/04/08 at 10:20:55

first off we're going to get beat up for posting and answering questions in the tech section - we should be in the rubber side down forum - none the less anyone with a handle of "proangler" is a friend of mine!

well the '87s are pretty different carbs - some have a 3 slot needle so you can adjust the midrange mixture without hacking down the white spacer like we do on the later model bikes - you likely are going to need to have a look at a newly installed spark plug to decide if you need to do anything at all as you change things - a rule of thumb might be 1/2 jet size for the k&n and 1 jet on the pipe on the - i'd pick up a 157.5 and a 160 before I started messing with it and several of the cheap champion spark plugs to judge the mixture - also check out the carb101 posting in the tech section  

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: jetting on ls650
Reply #2 - 03/04/08 at 10:51:27

Yup.  In this case, it's the sticky post near the top of the Technical Documents/Reference forum entitled Posting Guidelines: DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!.  Obviously, I've moved this thread to its appropriate location.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:29:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › jetting on ls650

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.