Send Topic Print
long warm up time (Read 4 times)
nervekiler

ridin in the rain

vancouver, wa
long warm up time
03/03/08 at 08:34:42

hi!
my bike takes a long while to warm up.. maybe around ten minutes..
i have to warm the bike up down the road at safeways parking lot because the exhuast is way too loud for my neighbors (apartment living).

so recently i let it warm until throttle response (with no load/in neutral) is good and i can feel heat radiating off the engine.

i usually have to ride about 5 minutes through stop and go traffic with the choke halfway on.
if i turn the choke off.. the engine bogs down quit a bit in the midrange of rpms.
now after a few miles of riding i can turn the choke off and the bike performs smooth and responsive as i would expect it to.

i have a gutted muffler and K&N air filter. the carb has had the idle mixture screw tuned and white spacer mod performed but still has stock jetting.

now is this normal for these bikes to run like this until they warm up completely?
or is this condition maybe just a result of the bikes carb tune?
i really wanna get larger jetting... but wont be able to for another month or so.

Frank T. Cartoys jantzen beach

97 savage 650 - HD pipes, carb spacer mod, idle screw adjusted, 152.5/55 jets, K&N air filter, big crank battery, chopped up a bit
WWW dirtbikehero mryummm   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: long warm up time
Reply #1 - 03/03/08 at 09:00:14

It would have better response sooner if the right jet was in there.

WWW   IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #2 - 03/03/08 at 12:25:08

Like Verslagen says, Sound like you're way to lean. I see in the small picture that you pipe is discolored. I just turned 5300 miles and my pipe has no discoloration at all. Wink

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 03/03/08 at 16:09:32

when pulling oyut of the carriage house to the front yard 50 feet bike is ready for 1/2 "choke" 2 min later shell idle with no enrichment..by then im all loaded up and ready idles about 900 for two blocks then up to 1100 and fully warmed...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:20:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › long warm up time

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.