Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage is broken in Daytona (Read 144 times)
SavageBabe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Jacksonville. FL
Savage is broken in Daytona
03/03/08 at 04:52:14

My husband drive my Savage down to Daytona on Friday (I drove our car since we were just stopping by on our way to orlando) I left the car in a parking lot, hopped on the back and we drove toward the beach. We parked the bike so we could walk around to the different venders ect for a couple hours and went back to the back. Battery was dead which was weird since its a new battery. Luckily we were across the street from a bike shop so husband pushed it over.  they tried pushing it off, didnt work so then they put a charger on it, we walked around some more then went back, the started it up and it made and wried noise., so shut it off. Turns out a bolt sheard off and destroyed the starter clutch and generator.  We left the bike there, callled a cab to take us to our car, headed on down to Orlando to salvage the rest of our weekend vacation. We got home yesterday afternoon (we live in Jacksonville) and my husband is driving back down today to pick up the bike. i have only had this bike a few weeks, was supposed to get my permit next week and take the saftey course in a couple weeks. Looks like that may not happen now. i am totally bummed :'(

Mandy
1996 Savage in Bumble Bee Yellow
  IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Re: Savage is broken in Daytona
Reply #1 - 03/03/08 at 05:22:35

that is sad news, however it it certainly could have been worse. conveniently you were across the street from the bike shop, and had alternate means of transportation, and still got to do daytona! the bike can be fixed, and you'll be back up and running before you know it. it sounds like a good time to me.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
joebothehobo

Ride like a ghost.

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2 - 03/03/08 at 09:17:15

Well, at least in california, you don't need to have a bike to either get a permit or take the safety course. So unless you're dead set on taking the safety course on your own bike, you should be able to do things right on schedule. No worries!  Grin

'91 Suzuki GS500E
'98 Subaru Outback.
Robertomoe is my bro.
  IP Logged
BOWDIER

OCALA, FL
Reply #3 - 03/03/08 at 13:30:24

Thants is too bad, what caused the bolt to break, well most places have their own bidkes for the course, so you should still be able to get your permit, hope you will bring your bike down to Leesburg inApril for their Bike week I like it better than Daytona. Undecided

BOWDIER 2006 RED S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:11:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage is broken in Daytona

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.