Send Topic Print
Lancers Cam (Read 10 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Lancers Cam
03/01/08 at 02:45:56

Seriously thinking  of purchasing one of Lancers high performance cams soon.  I searched for some reviews but couldnt find any. If it does everything lancer says it does then its well worth the money. Greg D will install it when he replaces my timing chain. He bought one and in the short time  he rode befor his bike went tits up, he seemed to think it had more mid range power. I was just curious for some other members feed back. Lancer says he was running a high performance carberator where mine had been rejetted only. Can I still expect somewhat the same results? I am running a K@N air filter and a supertrapp muffler.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Lancers Cam
Reply #1 - 03/01/08 at 10:45:25

I added the cam after I had done the jetting & supertrapp with 14 disks. The boost I got from the jetting & exhaust was great. The cam added another good kick in the tail. It didnt increase performance as much as the jet/trapp additions, but somewhere approaching 1/2 of that added punch. I would do it again. I mean, I think it was worth it. It still will run in town & deliver just over 50 MPG, if riden conservatively. I know, because my girl can get that MPG, I can't, because I cant control my wrist.. I get mid 40's out of it, bt I have a lot of fun for my entertainment dollar!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 03/02/08 at 01:46:38

Now I know I wont be satisfied with my bike till I get one!  When I bought my supertrapp new, it only came with 8 discs. Im going to have order a few more and compare performance.  Thanks for the reply!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 03/02/08 at 03:36:24

Something I didnt do, but wish I had. Find a place to run that bike against a stopwatch. Make the run a few times & get a good average. Then add the disks & make sure its not too lean, run it again & get an average, then do the cam,, you get the idea, I am sure.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 03/02/08 at 14:40:54

One thing I do when trying to compare assorted adjustments/components for power increases, is to do each run exactly the same and to do that I like to make the runs in 3rd gear starting at at a constant speed, like from 40 mph, and then go wide open to the goal speed, like up to 70 mph, whatever is desired.  This way, there is no variation like when starting from a dead stop (everything depends on starting the same way and that is difficult to do).  When starting a run from a constant speed there is no variation in the start point, and that gives a more pure comparison to the goal speed.  Obviously, to do this you need a precise way to time the event.  I have the Veypor on my bike and speed runs of this type are some of many which are part of the programs that are in the system already.  It gives a very good way to make comparisons.  It all comes down to how many seconds to accelerate from x mph to y mph.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 03/02/08 at 17:10:49

Hmmm, I hadnt considered the human variables in the start from dead stop & changing gears. Maybe it's because I am such a well trained machine. Who am I Kiddin? I cant even type without looking.
Yea, a roll on at 30 in 3rd would be a great test. I'll file this in the "Wish I would have thought of that" folder, I am currently on folder 3 B, having been thru the alphabet a couple of times already, making note of the good ideas of others.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:23:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lancers Cam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.