Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LS650 Carb. Where does the vaccum line connect to? (Read 116 times)
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
LS650 Carb. Where does the vaccum line connect to?
02/29/08 at 01:50:05

First off - I am new to suzukisavage.com and I am SO HAPPY to have found such an awesome website. Greetings to all !

I have just picked up a used 1986 Suzuki Savage with only 4,130 miles on it. When I got the bike it would barley run. I have rebuilt the carb and I installed a jet kit.  The vacuum outlet on the carb was missing. I have purchased a new vacuum line - and I hooked it up to the vacuum port on the carburetor. The bike stars right up now, but I need one quick question answered.

My question is where does the other end of the vacuum line connect to? Or should the end be plugged?

Thank you all in advance for the help!

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: LS650 Carb. Where does the vaccum line connect
Reply #1 - 02/29/08 at 04:30:06

superior wrote on 02/29/08 at 01:50:05:
First off - I am new to suzukisavage.com and I am SO HAPPY to have found such an awesome website. Greetings to all !

I have just picked up a used 1986 Suzuki Savage with only 4,130 miles on it. When I got the bike it would barley run. I have rebuilt the carb and I installed a jet kit. The vacuum outlet on the carb was missing. I have purchased a new vacuum line - and I hooked it up to the vacuum port on the carburetor. The bike stars right up now, but I need one quick question answered.

My question is where does the other end of the vacuum line connect to? Or should the end be plugged?

Was the outlet missing or just not connected.......?

The vacuum port on the carb (not the two vents) connects to the back of the fuel petcock on the tank.  It's a vacuum switch/valve that shuts off fuel when the engine is turned off.  It should be noted that the diaphram does wear out.  Some people redo the petcock to make it a manual operating switch.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #2 - 02/29/08 at 05:09:20

Welcome aboard..Superior (do you hail from the Great Lakes Area?)if you've rebuilt the carb already, you are obviously right at home here with Tinkerer's Inc.  If you haven't done so already, you should (at your leisure) scroll through the tech section..you'll find most of those topics/modifcations that keep us enthralled (when not riding).

IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Reply #3 - 02/29/08 at 12:10:24

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 02/29/08 at 04:30:06:
superior wrote on 02/29/08 at 01:50:05:

I have just picked up a used 1986 Suzuki Savage with only 4,130 miles on it. When I got the bike it would barley run. I have rebuilt the carb and I installed a jet kit. The vacuum outlet on the carb was missing. I have purchased a new vacuum line - and I hooked it up to the vacuum port on the carburetor. The bike stars right up now, but I need one quick question answered.

Was the outlet missing or just not connected.......?

The vacuum port on the carb (not the two vents) connects to the back of the fuel petcock on the tank.  It's a vacuum switch/valve that shuts off fuel when the engine is turned off.  It should be noted that the diaphram does wear out.  Some people redo the petcock to make it a manual operating switch.

Yes I have connected the line to the vacuum port on the carb (not the two vents). However my petcock only has on/off and there is not another port on the back to connect the vaccum line.  The bike runs with the vacuum line open. should I plug it? (so stuff cannot get inside of it? please let me know.

Thanks for the help.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 02/29/08 at 12:49:57

Yes plug it.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 02/29/08 at 13:17:54

Trippah wrote on 02/29/08 at 05:09:20:
you'll find most of those topics/modifcations that keep us enthralled (when not riding).

or bitchn' at each other.  Shocked Cool Cool

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 08:59:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LS650 Carb. Where does the vaccum line connect to?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.