Send Topic Print
DAILY  HOT TIP (Read 18857 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: DAILY  HOT TIP
Reply #300 - 07/06/16 at 10:01:17

It may have swollen the plug. Transmission stop leak works by softening and swelling seals. Too much? Seals get turned wrong side out and made gooey.. pooey..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DavidOfMA

Getting back in gear
after a long time
away

Beverly, MA
Reply #301 - 07/06/16 at 11:02:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/06/16 at 10:01:17:
It may have swollen the plug. Transmission stop leak works by softening and swelling seals. Too much? Seals get turned wrong side out and made gooey.. pooey..

I know carb cleaner melts plastic and swells rubber, but I don't know what the lower surface of the plug is made of. Can someone who does know fill me in?

- David
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #302 - 09/09/16 at 15:27:27

Tired of the hand cleaner not getting it? Grab a Scotch Brite pad and put it by the hand cleaner. It's not as hard on the skin as the pocket knife scraping the contact cement off.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #303 - 10/15/16 at 21:26:46

Since I j ust can't remember the mileage when I filled up, I stopped by Hobby Lobby and g o t a. P a ir of grease pencils.
They call them China markers.

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #304 - 11/13/16 at 05:26:58

Not knowing this (my first time to change oil as bike is new to me) caused me to spill those few ounces of oil on my garage floor as I tried to move bike back into another location to replace plug and then refill oil!!

Onederer wrote on 02/22/08 at 19:41:26:
When changing oil, after removing plug,remember to lift bike off side stand, like you're going to ride. If not, several ounces of dirty oil will be left in the engine.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #305 - 12/04/16 at 21:50:09

When I change my oil I always make sure to tip the bike every which  way so that I get every last drop of oil out of the engine. That way I can be sure it will take as long as possible for oil to get back up to the camshaft after I start it up. Grin

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #306 - 12/05/16 at 00:30:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/15/16 at 21:26:46:
Since I j ust can't remember the mileage when I filled up, I stopped by Hobby Lobby and g o t a. P a ir of grease pencils.
They call them China markers.

Funny you should post that now because I've been wondering for months the best solution, I thought of those grease pencils that we used to write on film with when I worked in a lab. But I ended up getting a laundry marker which is a permanent marker but it's still relatively easy to scratch it off with your fingernail and a bit of spit. Prolly better than the grease pencil.

I also got some velcro so I could stick the marker somewhere but while looking around I found a spot where I could hide the pen without velcro, you can see it in the image between the toolbox cover and the side cover.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #307 - 12/08/16 at 17:24:57

Recently I purchased a new spray cleaner that the Harley shops have been touting. The product is "S100 Total Cycle Cleaner" which is quite inferior to plan old "Gunk Engine Degreaser Original".

Neither are as capable as the original "Harley Davidson Gunk", which through a stroke of genius I still have a good supply of it, and having a nephew that works for Harley supplied the genius part.

The S100 cost about $11.00 for a 21 oz. spray can and the Gunk costs about $3.00 for a 15 oz. spray can at WalMart.

Actually Simple Green performed better than the S100 for those friendly to the environment.

The $3.00 can of Gunk Original performed more than satisfactory.

Kenny G

IMG_0692_001.JPG
  IP Logged
KiwiGeek
YaBB Newbies

I backfire so that
you know I am there!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #308 - 01/11/17 at 20:27:20

Use Pledge on your helmet visor to help get rid of the water. Spry a small amount on then work it with your fingers so that the wax turns opaque. Once the entire visor is covered, wipe it off with a soft cloth.

Then it rains, the water drops will bead and, when you turn your head slightly left and right, the wind will blow them off the visor. For light or misty rain you can wipe the visor with your glove and instead of sheeting the water will bead and blow off as above.

Member - Ulysses Club, Auckland branch.

http://www.ulyssesauckland.org.nz/
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #309 - 01/12/17 at 09:38:37

I'm sure I'm a descendant of Moses. I can't go anywhere without getting lost. The China marker, made in China, meant for marking porcelain/glass,, and I put the fill up mileage on my speedometer, and I was going out to run some new roads to the lake and decided to write the names on the glass.
Saved me about 39 years, 11 months, 29 days and 23 and 1/2 hours.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #310 - 01/12/17 at 17:53:58

KiwiGeek wrote on 01/11/17 at 20:27:20:
Use Pledge on your helmet visor...

Does this also work for bugs?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
sanodusa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #311 - 03/11/17 at 14:06:29

Not sure if anyone has done this. But if you want a trip odometer get an old or cheap android cellphone and download something Ulysse Speedometer. You'll have a digital speedo with multiple trip odometers to keep track of miles between fuel stops. How you mount it is up to you. Also HERE WeGo for offline GPS that will work with bluetooth headsets.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #312 - 04/12/17 at 06:50:30

Kris01 wrote on 01/12/17 at 17:53:58:
KiwiGeek wrote on 01/11/17 at 20:27:20:
Use Pledge on your helmet visor...

Does this also work for bugs?

Yes it does, slippery by any other name is slippery.

Pledge is also great for buffing a high sheen on waxed floors.
In Army Flight School we had to wax & buff our concrete floors, and were constantly trying to improve the shine (a better mirror image) We found that Lemon Pledge did a first rate job of putting the shine down AND it smelled good too.  
Unfortunately, it also made the floor a bit slippery, and the Battalion XO (a Major) found out when he came to do an inspection and slipped and hit flat on his back.  Nope, he was not the least bit amused.
Next day a new directive came out ... NO MORE LEMON PLEDGE on the floors.
No one was hung for the Major's back pain, but rumor had it that we were applauded for our creativity.

IP Logged
SkinnyPuppy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #313 - 07/26/17 at 16:36:15

Try not to drop your bike , OEM parts are crazy expensive . Embarrassed

IP Logged
sgreiss
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #314 - 09/01/17 at 07:30:54

Starlifter wrote on 02/20/08 at 07:06:02:
Replace the cheap tools in your on-board tool kit with good quality chromiun steel shorty metric wrenches.

Hadn't thought about that.  Great idea!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 12:52:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DAILY  HOT TIP

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.