Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
tow my motorcycle by car, where can I rent a trail (Read 40 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: tow my motorcycle by car, where can I rent a t
Reply #45 - 02/19/08 at 20:24:23

'72 RS.  Wendy has had it for about 25 years.  I'm sure the Tiburon has neat working items such as heater, defroster, and door seals to keep the rain out.  Its companion for about 15 years was a '78 LTD that I had stuck a hitch on.  The little 4x8 folding trailer was one of my better buys.  Basically allowed the car to haul as a half-ton pickup truck, but with a much lower lift.  As you set up household you'll be moving occasionally and the trailer will allow a single trip move.

AND!

You can put a hitch on the Savage and haul the same trailer.

WWW   IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #46 - 02/19/08 at 20:51:41

Cool ! thats a long time for a car.  I can just see it now running around town with a trailer hitched to my bike, the things I could bring home.

her car keeps the rain out and has heat Smiley and you can see out the front window.

My old car had over three hundred thousand miles on it 1991.  Its last day was when some one thought it was an abanoned car just left in a parking lot May 07. Had no heat for the last 4 years, and I had to put a wick in the roof near the windsshield to stop the rain water from dripping on the dach. the wick drained into a small bucket. when the sun was low you couldn't see out the windsheld caus it was so pitted, I had to hang my head out the side window to see.
thats how I ended up with just my motorcycle.

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #47 - 02/20/08 at 08:22:19

And here's some pictures of what a do-it-yourself hitch for the Savage looks like installed.

http://bikepics.com/members/jazzcarter/00savage/

Jack

IP Logged
Capt._Ron
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 02/21/08 at 14:31:51

Both Lowe's and Harbor freight sell complete trailer kits you assemble yourself for under $500, I think.

IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #49 - 02/21/08 at 14:34:37

thanks i'll go check it out.

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #50 - 02/22/08 at 08:22:01

I got my little red 4'X4' kit from Menards on a winter sale for $100. They're around $200 normally. Since they are short you'll need to put a 7' or so 2"x"6" or 2"X8" on it to set the bike on and put a bike stop for the front wheel. Don't forget good, strong racheting tie-down straps either.

Don't ask how I know, but simply screwing a vertical 2"X6" to the front of a plank won't hold up after the first application of the brakes. Just go to a sports bike shop and find a stop that'll fit your front wheel. Or after you see one of the ones made from pipe you might could get one bent from pipe at a hardware store cheaper.

Jack

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #51 - 02/24/08 at 08:25:20

Every time I see 'Don't ask how I know" I make sure I read carefully what is said, because the (obvioous) voice of experience should be listened to. Dont ask me how I know that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:30:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tow my motorcycle by car, where can I rent a trail

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.