Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
tow my motorcycle by car, where can I rent a trail (Read 40 times)
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Re: tow my motorcycle by car, where can I rent a t
Reply #30 - 02/18/08 at 19:26:45

verslagen1 wrote on 02/18/08 at 19:00:10:
Soon wrote on 02/18/08 at 18:49:03:
So now the girlfriend is thing she doesn't want her car to tow my bike Roll Eyes o well.  

Looks like you're in trouble my friend.  Watch out.

O god! well I'll let you all know how I am making out. I don't know what route Im going but if any of you guy/gals are on the way  I would love to see your bikes and do a quick coffee.

maybe she will have a change of heart? Undecided

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #31 - 02/18/08 at 21:03:34

Soon wrote on 02/18/08 at 18:49:03:
....So now the girlfriend is thing she doesn't want her car to tow my bike Roll Eyes o well.

Three choices:   Tow the bike.  Ride the bike.  Get a new girlfriend.

WWW   IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #32 - 02/19/08 at 08:56:34

Well, actually there is another choice. If the girlfriend's a keeper in most other areas, then put your stuff in the car, put the bike in a friend or family's garage and ride out into the sunset with the girl in the car. come back when you get settled in and have a bit of bottle deposit money in your pocket and pick up the bike. That way if the girl don't work out, you can Greyhound it back to the machine and take your time riding it back to school.

With the stops I had to make having a pretty comfortable set-up on my bike it took 13-15 hours sometimes to get in a 600 mile day. Think the gal-fan is up to spending that much time in her driver's seat on a long trip? And finishing it with you? I started a 600 mile bike trip on my Trek once, pedaling all the way across MN and SD in August. I got 60 miles or so from the end and all of a sudden it stopped being fun. I called my "other" at 7:00 p.m. and she was there in the car at 3:30 a.m. to pick me up. I know mine's a keeper, but I wonder about some others out there.

Jack

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #33 - 02/19/08 at 09:28:18

Look around for a girl riding around pulling a trailer behind her car,then latch on to her. Your troubles will be over.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #34 - 02/19/08 at 09:44:47

Or a girl with a pick-up truck  .....  or talk current girl friend into one.... Wink

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #35 - 02/19/08 at 11:31:17

Or teach this one to ride and switch off every gas stop for 3k miles. That won't work at my house. She's absolutely NOT going to grow into an enthusiast. I'm still surprised she let me get my first bike at 57 without a peep of protest. Guess she figured if there's to be a mid-life crisis, better a bike than a babe.

I got her on the back to go to the pie shop for one trip.

"The helmet's too heavy."
"There's too much wind."
"What's with this stupid, little, uncomfortable seat back here."
"Are those bugs hitting me in the face?"
"We're going to die aren't we?"

You get the picture?

Jack

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #36 - 02/19/08 at 11:39:55

'are we gonna die yet?'
'are we gonna die yet?'
'are we gonna die yet?'

lol   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #37 - 02/19/08 at 12:03:36

LOL you guys are all having to much fun!  Grin  

Back to looking for a trailer. got to make up the mind Roll Eyes  I just might go crazy.  She is a keeper.  

So I am going to pay to have a hitch put on for about 255.72  does that sound like about the right price, for out the door price.  U-haul wanted 309.00

So I am going to put the hitch on just in case.

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #38 - 02/19/08 at 13:49:51

I bought a hitch made for my car on ebay and put it on myself for a little under $200 if I remember correctly.  Took a couple of hours to install.  The mfg had sent the wrong hardware package, but it went on.  They sent out the correct hardware at their cost.

I went to the local dealer for the same hitch and laught my way outta there.  I think he wanted something like $350 to install.

WWW   IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #39 - 02/19/08 at 15:30:07

Hey guys look what I just got in my mail box.

Thank you for your interest in etrailer.com. You cannot use a motorcycle carrier on a class I trailer hitch. The only hitches available for the Tiburon are class I. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #40 - 02/19/08 at 16:26:44

Soon wrote on 02/19/08 at 12:03:36:
LOL you guys are all having to much fun!  Grin  

Back to looking for a trailer. got to make up the mind Roll Eyes  I just might go crazy.  She is a keeper.  

So I am going to pay to have a hitch put on for about 255.72  does that sound like about the right price, for out the door price.  U-haul wanted 309.00

So I am going to put the hitch on just in case.

If you can't have fun it ain't worth it.  If you want to go crazy, hook up with a woman.

A Hidden Hitch is about $115, plus electrical, plus shipping, 45 minutes to install not counting electrical.  Guy will be lucky to make $100 off you -- what is your time/frustration worth?  Do you have the tools?    Price sounds good to me.

The hitch is class I, rated at 2000#, 200# tongue weight.  The Tiburon, in the U.S. does not have a tow rating.  In South Africa it is rated to tow 1400# http://www.um.co.za/specifications/hyundai_tiburon_2_0_gls_(2005).aspx
Get either of the above Harbor Freight trailers and if don't overload the trailer with 10% on the hitch you won't overload the car.

A little trailer is very handy in cases where you don't have access to a small truck.  Big screen TV won't fint the car?  Hitch up the trailer.  (use "washer-dryer" when talking to girlfriend.)

BTW, spiffy looking car.

WWW   IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #41 - 02/19/08 at 16:46:15

Well Hers is a 1999/2000.  and only paid about 13,000 for it new. So this one is no so spiffy but good car. she said she want a car that could get bang up in the college parking lot and didn't care if it happen. Roll Eyes

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #42 - 02/19/08 at 17:01:56

Soon wrote on 02/19/08 at 16:46:15:
Well Hers is a 1999/2000.  and only paid about 13,000 for it new. So this one is no so spiffy....

Kids!  Itsa spiffy car.  Compare with Wendy's beast, parked next to my Company Van:

WWW   IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #43 - 02/19/08 at 17:39:20

GrinThat one looks good Wink   you should have seen my last car I had to pump the tires up  with a bicycle pump every day to drive the thing and the whole muffler system was hanging by coat hanngers. and no one was allowed in the back seat unless they wanted to see the road as it went by. bicycle gear wire showed down the door to open it from the inside. small laundry vent hose for the air hose and clamped with guess what .... you got it more coat hangers. rivited on floor plates for the front seat.  I could go on but I don't want to die laughing. Grin

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #44 - 02/19/08 at 17:50:11

'70 1/2 split bumper?is it a z ?oohh aahh. Cool

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:29:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tow my motorcycle by car, where can I rent a trail

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.