Send Topic Print
New Tires (Read 126 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
New Tires
02/15/08 at 08:03:10

Well, I ordered some new tires for the FireLizard and they are finally in. I will be taking my bike down to the Suzuki stealership to have them mounted on my way to work today.

They came in day before yesterday but they neglected to call me to let me know, so I called them yesterday to find out about them. When they told me they came in the day before I asked why was I not called and they told me in a very disrespectful voice. "Because it was late and I didn't get a round to it."

That of course irritated me, if it wasn't for the fact they I really need those tires and that they will mount them for free, I would have told them to forget it, that I'll just get them someplace else.

They better be more respectful this morning. I will already have to put up with a bunch of dumbass kids at work today who think the mall is a hang out (which it is not) I don't want to have to start my day with disrespectful parts guys.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: New Tires
Reply #1 - 02/15/08 at 09:54:53

That's unfortunate.  It seems like there are plenty of choices with cars/trucks to help you avoid the stealership, but not as many with bikes.  I've never been too impressed with my local one either.  I wanted a dab of grease to help get a handlebar cap on (that I bought there), and they wanted to sell me something for $5.99 or something.  They have too many chintzy after-market parts for way too much money, that are all "surprisingly" covered in dust.  Once in a while you'll get a cool old grizzled guy, but more often than not you get a dummy at the counter.  Only the salesmen are expected to be nice.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/16/08 at 10:02:07

Old & grizzled, I can remember when those werent the most attractive attributes, but I find myself attracted toward those types myself,IF I want something done.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #3 - 02/16/08 at 10:12:37

Well, the parts guy that ordered my tires and had spoken to me with such disrespect did not even let the actual mechanic know that he had scheduled my bike to be serviced yesterday. So when I went in yesterday morning to have the new tires put on, they didn't know about it.

They did apologize to me for that guy's behavior and got right on it though so now I have brand new tires on the FireLizard.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 02/16/08 at 10:35:38

What tires did you get?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #5 - 02/16/08 at 20:50:47

Cheng Shins or however it is spelled and pronounced. Stock sizes for the Savage.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 02/16/08 at 23:12:02

i think max and me have got a pretty good one here in central wash.
on initial contact the sales dude wanted to sell me something off the floor, but the owner stepped right in and got me what i wanted within just a couple of days.  all the mechs rode it and were really impressed. so all in all i'm pretty darn happy with my local guy.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:21:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.