OUCH!!! (Read 460 times)
nef584
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kissimmee, Fl.
OUCH!!!
02/09/08 at 18:25:53

I finally took my S40 for a long ride today.  Grin First ride since getting the carb fixed, and what happens? An older #@$%#@%$#$% guy cuts me off and next thing I know I'm riding on my backside for about 50-75 feet from my bike.  Angry Angry  It was that or slamming into the guy. Bad thing is I've got some road rash on both of my legs and my rear. :'( Good thing was that by some miracle my thumper only suffered a broken rear turn signal and  slight scratches on the shock and pegs. Smiley Anyone have a spare turn signal?

BTW S40 is riding real nice after the carb mods and the sportster muffler. Feels like a totally different bike... Cool

Ride Safe, Ride Long... but Ride!!!
  IP Logged
greyhead51

i love u charlotte

munford,tn
Re: OUCH!!!
Reply #1 - 02/09/08 at 18:36:56

thank God you're ok!!

...greyhead51

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #2 - 02/09/08 at 18:51:28

Ouch!  Heal up quickly!

Those rear turn signals do like to snap off!   If you can't get a used one, Oneida Suzuki mail orders them pretty quickly and under list price.  You can usually put together the broken one with duct tape and an orange bulb till the new one arrives.  Of course, I wouldn't know this from personal experience...   Grin

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #3 - 02/09/08 at 18:53:24

Good Lord you were lucky.  Glad to see you are ok; and the bike only took minor damage.  I bet the other guy didn't even stop.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
nef584
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kissimmee, Fl.
Reply #4 - 02/09/08 at 18:56:28

Thanks guys, only thing really hurt is my pride Grin Grin ; The paramedics cut my pants down the seams on both legs, made my jeans look like a skirt Embarrassed. I had to tape them together just to leave the hospital. Tongue  Grin

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #5 - 02/09/08 at 18:58:17

Oh, so that's why you ran out of duct tape for the turn signal!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/09/08 at 18:59:10

nef584 wrote on 02/09/08 at 18:25:53:
    I finally took my S40 for a long ride today.  Grin First ride since getting the carb fixed, and what happens? An older #@$%#@%$#$% guy cuts me off and next thing I know I'm riding on my backside for about 50-75 feet from my bike.  Angry Angry  It was that or slamming into the guy. Bad thing is I've got some road rash on both of my legs and my rear. :'( Good thing was that by some miracle my thumper only suffered a broken rear turn signal and  slight scratches on the shock and pegs. Smiley Anyone have a spare turn signal?

BTW S40 is riding real nice after the carb mods and the sportster muffler. Feels like a totally different bike... Cool

What will happen to the dirtbag that cut you off?  Fines? Lawsuit?  Anything?

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #7 - 02/09/08 at 19:04:26

nef584 wrote on 02/09/08 at 18:25:53:

I have some spare turn signals off of an 87 Savage. Don't know if that is one of the minor changes made to the bike or not though.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
nef584
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kissimmee, Fl.
Reply #8 - 02/09/08 at 19:13:35

You're right Forrest the guy didn't even attempt to stop. Angry A passerby tried to catch up to him but lost him. Angry happened so fast didn't get a chance to look at the tag. But I'll recognize the car anywhere, old faded pink ford granada. Wink

Hopefully I'll run into him while at work... Wink God I hope I do.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #9 - 02/09/08 at 19:18:59

Its just very good all you got was some road rash, and some scratches on the bike. You were very lucky and I'm glad you're alright.

I know I would be out head hunting if that had happened to me.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 02/09/08 at 19:29:00

Glad to hear you didn't break anything and the bike is OK. Road rash can really svck, keep it clean with some hydrogen peroxide, chicks dig scars Wink.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #11 - 02/09/08 at 22:49:16

Glad you were not hurt too bad
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #12 - 02/10/08 at 01:59:59

Shocked Glad you'er OK dude ... the driver that cut you off deserves a good kick in the nads Angry

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
nef584
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kissimmee, Fl.
Reply #13 - 02/10/08 at 04:48:41

See, that's why I like this forum...everyone here cares about everyone else.  Wink This is what makes this forum so COOL. Cool

Thanks for your words guys...  Smiley

IP Logged
viper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 02/10/08 at 06:01:40

I know I have a couple of amber covers I'm not sure if I have a complete T/S I will look an I'll send you a PM you are welcome to what I have.
I've heard that in Fla. that  The person who hits someone with a motor veh. A has no lic. B has no ins. & C stole the veh he hit you with.
I will let you know in about 2-3hrs from now.
Take Care Viper

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:25:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OUCH!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.