Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 
Send Topic Print
Ed L. Forward Controls (Read 25187 times)
Crotchett
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Jacksonville, FL - USA
Re: Ed L. Forward Controls
Reply #540 - 10/09/18 at 09:11:29

Ed,
 Hello. I will no longer need the set that you were starting for me.  Please offer the set to someone else when it is available.  Thanks.

Crotchett
Jacksonville, FL
  IP Logged
b-p-stewart
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #541 - 10/09/18 at 11:04:57

I will take the set you are making for Crotchett... Let me know if that will work for you.

IP Logged
Moon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #542 - 11/29/18 at 15:47:34

Hey Guys,

I noticed its been awhile since there were any updates on these sweet forward control kits. Is production still halted?

I'm hoping to get my hands on a 5in or 6 in, either directly from Ed or his work second hand.

Failing that, if any of yall have suggestions for alternatives I'd love to hear em. I'm riding with my knees in my ears.

IP Logged
joeyt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #543 - 01/30/19 at 11:59:31

Hey there! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post in this subforum yet, so mods correct me if I'm not supposed to. Mr. Ed, I'm interested in your forward controls, if you're still making batches of em.

Does your kit include everything needed, give or take a little shadetree fabrication? What length extension would you recommend for someone with, oh I dunno, 30-32" inseam?

Please put me down for 4 or 5" extensions on your next run if there's still room in the list, and I'd be happy to put down a deposit.

Thank you!

IP Logged
Irish Bill
YaBB Newbies

O'l Skool Street
Bobbers Rule

Fenimore, New York
Reply #544 - 01/30/19 at 15:57:09

YES I have been searching for Forward Control extensions for my Savage...

1996 Suzuki Savage Street Bobber, Arlen Ness Air Filter, El Diablo Ape Hangers, Kuryakyn Flame Mirrors with more parts to come...
WWW   IP Logged
Rustyrune
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #545 - 03/10/19 at 00:02:22

Hello there Ed, are you still around?

Any possability you still make, or got any forward controle dets for my Savage?
Best regards Rune

IP Logged
tri
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

spartan

Colorado
Re: Ed L. Forward Controls SOLD
Reply #546 - 04/06/19 at 14:03:01

SOLD -- I have a set of aluminum 4 inch forward controls I purchased from Ed about 8 years ago and never got around to installing them. I'd be willing to sell them for $80+shipping cost. If anyone is interested, send me a message.
« Last Edit: 05/22/19 at 13:39:52 by tri »  

forward_controls.jpg
  IP Logged
mjg1088
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #547 - 04/23/19 at 11:16:48

tri wrote on 04/06/19 at 14:03:01:
I have a set of aluminum 4 inch forward controls I purchased from Ed about 8 years ago and never got around to installing them. I'd be willing to sell them for $80+shipping cost. If anyone is interested, send me a message.

Tri,

assuming this is still available, Dibs! I am interested in these, but don't have the post count to PM. I'll PM you once I hit 10.

EDIT: Payment Sent! Thanks Tri!

« Last Edit: 04/25/19 at 06:40:54 by mjg1088 »  

2013 Boulevard - Bone Stock
  IP Logged
UglyBrute
YaBB Newbies

Yeet.

Detroit
Reply #548 - 05/24/19 at 10:51:42

Are these still available? I'm interested in buying if they still are.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #549 - 05/24/19 at 16:18:47

I've been avoiding this thread mainly because of a bit of burnout from making these kits. I'm in the middle of cleaning out my shop, ended up not having the room to manufacture the kits which didn't help with the burnout and had to walk away from them for a while.
 Not sure when I'll start making them again, there is a lot of interest and need for them still. One of the problems I has was that I felt that I could make them better but didn't know how and want to revamp the design a little. Some of the feedback I got was negative, I know not to let a bad apple ruin the rest but getting flamed on a PM is not a lot of fun and after a couple piss1ng matches I just got tired of the cr*p. Maybe I'm soft skinned but that's the way it is.
 That along with an increase in raw materials is the pretty much why I've had to step away from making the kits for now. Hopefully I'll be back in business when I find my workbench and get my head straight.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
joeyt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #550 - 05/24/19 at 16:49:13

Thanks for the update, sir! I think anyone would agree that one's health (and sanity) takes priority over business. Keep on rockin, brother!

IP Logged
Tacopimp

ihatemonix.com

South Jersey
Reply #551 - 08/24/19 at 11:53:58

Ed L. wrote on 05/24/19 at 16:18:47:
I've been avoiding this thread mainly because of a bit of burnout from making these kits. I'm in the middle of cleaning out my shop, ended up not having the room to manufacture the kits which didn't help with the burnout and had to walk away from them for a while.
 Not sure when I'll start making them again, there is a lot of interest and need for them still. One of the problems I has was that I felt that I could make them better but didn't know how and want to revamp the design a little. Some of the feedback I got was negative, I know not to let a bad apple ruin the rest but getting flamed on a PM is not a lot of fun and after a couple piss1ng matches I just got tired of the cr*p. Maybe I'm soft skinned but that's the way it is.
 That along with an increase in raw materials is the pretty much why I've had to step away from making the kits for now. Hopefully I'll be back in business when I find my workbench and get my head straight.

Sorry to hear this. Sucks when there are unappreciative people out there. If you decide not to move forward with producing these anymore there are some other options for you besides producing these by hand.  If you have a CAD drawing you could sell the files and people could go and get their own made, or you could take the CAD drawing to a shop and get them made. It may relieve some of the stress for you. Just a thought... If you do ever feel up to producing these again I am 100% a customer! Hope you decide on something, I know there are people out there like myself who appreciate the hard work and help of others!

2000 Savage
  IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #552 - 09/03/19 at 09:47:21

Tacopimp wrote on 08/24/19 at 11:53:58:
Ed L. wrote on 05/24/19 at 16:18:47:

Sorry to hear this. Sucks when there are unappreciative people out there. If you decide not to move forward with producing these anymore there are some other options for you besides producing these by hand.  If you have a CAD drawing you could sell the files and people could go and get their own made, or you could take the CAD drawing to a shop and get them made. It may relieve some of the stress for you. Just a thought... If you do ever feel up to producing these again I am 100% a customer! Hope you decide on something, I know there are people out there like myself who appreciate the hard work and help of others!

To WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!!
I purchased a set of 4" forward controls from Ed, back hmmm. 2 seasons ago...
TOP QUALITY kit, build, supplied needed extras,
Personally I DON'T SEE how anyone could complain, or not be 100% satisfied with Ed's kit. The kit is well made, GREAT easy to understand instructions, and EVERYTHING you need to do this mod smoothly. If anyone had a complaint, I'm certain it was something on thier end and NOT Ed's
Just my opinion ppinion

Madmikesmech

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
d3adrock

Reply #553 - 12/30/19 at 18:02:48

Are these still being made? If so I'd love to buy a set! Thanks!

IP Logged
Irish Bill
YaBB Newbies

O'l Skool Street
Bobbers Rule

Fenimore, New York
Reply #554 - 12/31/19 at 13:08:39

Ed L. is it possible to upload a template with dimensions for these??? I can try to make these by hand...

1996 Suzuki Savage Street Bobber, Arlen Ness Air Filter, El Diablo Ape Hangers, Kuryakyn Flame Mirrors with more parts to come...
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 01:20:35

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Ed L. Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.