Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38
Send Topic Print
Ed L. Forward Controls (Read 25187 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Ed L. Forward Controls
Reply #510 - 05/21/18 at 20:08:20

Sunset, E-mail sent.
 Guess you are getting all the rain also. My front yard is under water and my two dogs throw bow waves when they run.   Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Sunset Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Florida
Reply #511 - 05/23/18 at 04:37:13

Ed,
I get a new pond in my backyard every other day now... We've gone from drought -no recreational burn conditions to this flooding in just two weeks!

Never got the email because I spelled my own emai wrong! DOH! Please try again at josweeks@hotmail.com.  Gracias!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #512 - 05/23/18 at 12:17:22

Take two on the e-mail, today is the first sun I've seen in two weeks. Weather is going to be cr@p all weekend into next week. Wanted to head over to the county rifle range and shoot some but black powder and high humidity just don't mix.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Sunset Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Florida
Reply #513 - 06/01/18 at 05:30:26

I got the kit. Nice work. Will install next week, because this side of the state looks to be getting a dry weekend for a change, so I'll be working outside on my property along with Mrs. Sunset Savage's list of Shocked Cool honey doos.

IP Logged
Diamond T
YaBB Newbies

Grain valley , Mo
Reply #514 - 06/03/18 at 01:14:44

Has anyone got before and after pics with someone sitting on the bike, trying to decide what size I need with a lowered Bobber seat , also the current cost .

20180601_084910_2.jpg
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #515 - 06/03/18 at 06:42:02

Diamond T, For some strange reason I don't have any before and after pictures, hopefully some one will have what you are looking for.
 The current pricing still is $150.00 for a four inch set and $160.00 for a five incher. I don't have any ready to ship right now, need to start cutting up a 2x4 foot slab of aluminum for the next batch which is a bit of work.

IP Logged
Sunset Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Florida
Reply #516 - 06/16/18 at 09:49:54

ED L.,

I just made my final-final adjustments after taking an epic 60 mile ride in the country. Just needed raising the clutch lever and tighten a loosened mirror. Other than that it was A1 perfect.
Until now, I was never comfortable enough to do little more than 20 miles. With 5" extensions it feels just right and like a different model bike. Thank millions.
I thought you should know, I did have to drill out the main mounting holes a bit in order to line the bolts better. Other than that is was an easy install following your directions. I'll send a photo when I can.
Cheers mate.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #517 - 06/16/18 at 13:16:13

Glad it worked out, I'll check my templates and drills for the mounting holes. I try to make those holes tight.

IP Logged
Dude
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #518 - 06/24/18 at 14:42:10

Are you still making 3 inch sets? If so how much are they running? If not can you put me down for a 4 inch. Email is Kingnothing9876@yahoo.com Thanks!

IP Logged
Sunset Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Florida
Reply #519 - 06/25/18 at 13:35:16

I too have installed a 5" fwd control kit thanks to Ed L. superior craftsmanship, and I really love how it feels going down the road. I'm sure you'll be thank full too.

To the point, I am also interested in installing a crash bar that will still work with the 5" extension kit, BUT one that is bigger than the Suzuki OEM "junior sized" engine guard. Let me know how yours works out.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #520 - 06/27/18 at 12:59:43

dude,
E-mail sent. Ed

IP Logged
Tippyman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #521 - 06/30/18 at 09:02:33

Just dropped you a PM. Would love a 4" set. TRGriffin88 @ yahoo .com

Thanks!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #522 - 06/30/18 at 10:08:05

Got the pm, need to make another small batch so it's going to be over a week before anything is ready.
Ed

IP Logged
Majorfatboy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #523 - 06/30/18 at 10:58:17

Ed, could You put Me down for a 5" set when You have the materials?
With this post, I should now be able to PM, please message Me at Your convenience with the particulars (what shipping info You'll need from Me, method of payment, Etc.)

Thanks.
-Fatboy.

IP Logged
elricfate

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #524 - 07/24/18 at 07:10:16

Well Ed, this will sound dumb... but I want forward controls, I just don't know how to figure out how far forward they should be. I know that the current placement of the controls is fine for sub-50 mile rides, but anything longer becomes a pain in the butt.

Is there a general chart or something I'm missing that will help me size out what I need/want?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 13:29:57

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Ed L. Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.