Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 38
Send Topic Print
Ed L. Forward Controls (Read 25187 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: They're Ready !!!
Reply #15 - 02/27/08 at 04:54:27

Dj12midnit wrote on 02/26/08 at 20:51:29:
anyone know if they will fit with the engine guard?

I have no idea whether the decorative-only Suzuki engine guard interferes or not.  I have the Wingerline Highwaybar installed and I got a 5" set from Ed that arrived late last week.  I purchased the necessary nuts/bolts/washers over the weekend and hopefully I'll get a chance to try installing them in the next few weeks.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #16 - 02/27/08 at 08:55:16

The plates move the pedals forward but not up so if the stock guard sits above the stock pedal location then I would think everything would fit.
Just got some feedback from Eanon, he had a little trouble with the kickstand spring binding on the left side plate but was able to clean it up with a dremel. There was also a little extra metal on the right side that got in the way of the exhaust header. If anybody has simular problems please let me know, Ill do what I can to make it right. Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #17 - 02/27/08 at 15:53:36

OK, here are some pics.  Sorry don't have one of me on it without the extensions. btw, really comfy!!!  

Stock
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/eanonhorton/?action=view&current=DSCF...

With extensions and screaming eagle turnout  Wink
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/eanonhorton/?action=view&current=DSCF...

Me on it

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #18 - 02/28/08 at 15:30:08

got mine today. dont know when i'll get a chance to get em on though. its COLD here.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
ohsixs40
YaBB Newbies

you are not your
khakis

va beach
Reply #19 - 03/10/08 at 16:42:34

Well after some slight modifications and a week out with the flu, I finally got my forward controls on the bike! The little test drive I took felt great! I love the new riding position! Thanks Ed!

blue 06 s40 with Ed L. forward controls. 1997 land rover discovery, two inch lift rovertym springs, 31" bfg mud terrains, series 2 brush guard, slimmed bumper, hella lights, and 140k awesome miles!
  IP Logged
Malcontent
YaBB Newbies

You know I don't
like to think.

Cedar Park, TX
Reply #20 - 03/30/08 at 22:24:43

Sent a PM, as these are exactly what I need.  I love that someone is filling the void like this!

Malcontent steedstoaster   IP Logged
Strafford_Guy

96 in progress

Strafford, NH
Reply #21 - 04/06/08 at 11:22:25

Hi, I am only 5'6'' but would really like a set of these when I can come up with the fundage. Two questions:

Is anyone other then myself vertically challenged and if so what size would you recommend?

Are these still being made and if so will they continue to be made for a while?

Thanks
~Strafford~

SERENITY - Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
straffordguy   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #22 - 04/06/08 at 16:54:44

Yeah, I'm still making them anywhere from 2 1/2 inch out to 5 inch extensions. I would think a 3 inch extension would be as far as you would want to go. Sit on the bike and see where you feet feel comfortable out  in front of the pedals. I'm getting ready to start another batch so shoot me a PM if you are interested in a shorter set. Thanks

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Preppie478
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Sturbridge, MA
Reply #23 - 04/10/08 at 07:48:42

Got 'em in the mail yesterday.  Thanks for the quick shippin.  I'm hopefully gonna be able to get them on the girlie's bike this weekend.  i'll try to shoot some before / after's.
Thanks again

Preppie478   IP Logged
Charlie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Galt, CA
Reply #24 - 04/21/08 at 18:39:41

I just bought a 99 Savage yesterday and I'm pretty sure I'd like a set of these if you're still making them. Smiley

IP Logged
The Chad
YaBB Newbies

I love my 1 cyl. :)

Richmond, AV
Reply #25 - 05/22/08 at 03:19:13

Are you still making these?  I'm 6'1" and def need these.  Also I was thinking about getting a drag bar conversion, would the drag bar make me need even larger extensions on the controls?

Thumping is not for rabbits anymore...
  IP Logged
Christian O Reilly
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 05/29/08 at 13:52:55

I'd like some of these... what size would you recommend for a 5p9!? Do you still have one of an appropriate size left?

Christian
  IP Logged
Onetogo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Austin, Texas
Reply #27 - 05/31/08 at 09:38:21

Any remaining forward control kits? I didn't notice any information about preferred payment.

I notice in the description of your bike you list an oil cooler. I'm in Central Texas and it gets plenty hot here. Can you provide some additional info on that?

Thanks,

CollyK

IP Logged
froedric
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 06/12/08 at 13:31:03

ed, please put me on your "dibs" list for a 4 incher!

thanks fred

IP Logged
wrd17
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 06/16/08 at 21:19:09

I WANT SOME.  im 6'4" and need help.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 38
Send Topic Print