Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 38
Send Topic Print
Ed L. Forward Controls (Read 25187 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Ed L. Forward Controls
02/04/08 at 18:08:32

I just finished the first batch of forward control plates, check you PM to see if you were the first nine on the Dibs List. Here's a pic of what is included, the two plates, a longer shifter rod, a extension for the brake pedal along with a hardened cap screw and a bracket to relocate the brake and brake light cable. I still need to get a CD together with some pics and assembly directions but that's easy enough. Oops, the picture was too big. will try again later. Undecided
 Here's two links of the work

And yes that's another slab of aluminium in the background waiting to be sliced and diced.

« Last Edit: 12/03/12 at 11:42:22 by verslagen1 »  

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: They're Ready !!!
Reply #1 - 02/05/08 at 18:44:09

Savage_Greg, I'm asking $80.00 for a set plus $8.95 for prepaid priority shipping. That brings it to $88.95 to your door. I just finished getting the installation instructions together and am including a CD with some pictures of the set on my bike. Let me know if your interested, I'll put you on the "Dibs" list. I'm starting the second batch Thursday afternoon, gotta slice and dice some more aluminium.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 02/05/08 at 21:11:49

Ed L. wrote on 02/05/08 at 18:44:09:
Savage_Greg, I'm asking $80.00 for a set plus $8.95 for prepaid priority shipping. That brings it to $88.95 to your door. I just finished getting the installation instructions together and am including a CD with some pictures of the set on my bike. Let me know if your interested, I'll put you on the "Dibs" list. I'm starting the second batch Thursday afternoon, gotta slice and dice some more aluminium.

Okay.  Bikes are beginning to come into the shop, so I guess that I can put it on my "I want" list.  Heck, I just spent than much on roses and a darned ol' teddy bear for Valentines Day.

Go ahead and "Dib Me", too Tongue

IP Logged
edu
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Pamplona (Spain)
Reply #3 - 02/06/08 at 03:32:11

Hy Ed

My name is Eduardo and i live in Spain. Iīve been reading this topic for a long time and i must say iīm very interested in the set youīve made.
I only have a small question. Itīs possible send a set to my adress in Spain? and How much will cost? Thatīs say 80 bucks plus....... (i donīt know how much will cost send this?  Huh

Thankīs a lot.

PD: I wrote a long time ago and i suposse no  one remember me. Well, my name is eduardo, i live in Spain ( more exactly in Pamplona most knowed for the San fermines) and iīve a 94 savage.  I think that this page is very interesting and i read it usually. Ok thatīs all folks Grin!!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #4 - 02/06/08 at 07:03:39

Eduaro, I'll need to box up a set and check on the shipping to Spain. Could you send me a PM with the address that you want me to ship the set to, I will need it to get the shipping cost. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ed
PS, my wife says she is willing to deliver them if you will pay for her plane ticket.  Ha, Ha,  Wink

IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #5 - 02/12/08 at 14:52:34

How far forward did you actually move the controls?  Looks about 4", but don't really have any reference so I can't tell for certain.....

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #6 - 02/12/08 at 16:15:12

I moved them a full 4 inches forward from thier stock position. If that is too much then just let me know how far forward you would like them to go. I am just finishing two sets that move the pedals 2 1/2 inches and one set that went 5 inches out.

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #7 - 02/13/08 at 13:23:58

Got mine in the mail today.Yahoo. Smiley

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #8 - 02/13/08 at 15:32:45

I got mine today too. They look good. Nice job Ed. The only problen is that it might take till mid summer for all this snow to melt.Sad

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #9 - 02/13/08 at 18:59:28

I've just finished the second batch and only cut one 5 inch set which is spoken for. I still have some of the 4 inch sets which is what I've been using and I am 6'2". If you want I'll put you down for a 5 inch set but it will take a week or two before I'm ready to pick up some more plate and start another batch.

IP Logged
murphy77

Savage + Devil =
Good Times !!!

Nevada
Reply #10 - 02/14/08 at 19:38:08

Hey Ed L.,

I received my forward controls today and they look great, I'm very happy  Smiley

Thanks again and take care...Dennis

Yellow '96, Dyna Muffler, Sportster Seat.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #11 - 02/19/08 at 13:47:26

Here are two pictures from last year of the 1/2 inch thick set I made, they look the same as the sets I'm selling except for the thickness.
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/560520/
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/560519/

« Last Edit: 12/03/12 at 11:43:20 by verslagen1 »  

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #12 - 02/20/08 at 13:09:31

I might do mine this weekend.(if I don't die from this nasty cold I have).I'll get pics.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #13 - 02/26/08 at 17:44:58

Mission accomplished!!!  And let me tell ya', feels like a different bike.  suddenly I'm not sitting with my knees in my chest!  Good work Ed.

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #14 - 02/26/08 at 20:51:29

anyone know if they will fit with the engine guard?

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 38
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 07:09:30

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Ed L. Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.