Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help with buying a Savage! (Read 308 times)
Lazy Old Rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Help with buying a Savage!
Reply #15 - 02/01/08 at 01:26:43

Cant find the peeps who import into UK, as they are not advertising at the moment, but a 700 Mile "Preloved" is £ 2999.00 (UKP)

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 02/01/08 at 05:00:05

Yes you will save money by buying a 2007 instead of 2008,I got my new 2006 for 3900 out the door last year with first service free.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #17 - 02/01/08 at 05:42:15

Get one while you can.  Emission regulations will soon thighten and the air-cooled carburated will be legislated out of existence.  Looking at suzuki.uk website it looks like the S40 has already bit the dust.

WWW   IP Logged
Lazy Old Rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 02/01/08 at 06:19:26

Paladin. wrote on 02/01/08 at 05:42:15:
Get one while you can.  Emission regulations will soon thighten and the air-cooled carburated will be legislated out of existence.  Looking at suzuki.uk website it looks like the S40 has already bit the dust.

Unfortunately I think you are right, I was speaking to the Royal Enfield Importers over here, British Design frame now with a Austrian redesign of a British Thumper Engine, manufactured in India.

They have bought as many as they can and registered them in 2007, because new European Legislation is enforcing new Emmissions on 2008 bikes. Enfield are still perfecting/negotiating their injection replacement.

I suspect that complying Engines will need to be Water cooled and injection as the temperature parameter is more easily controlled with water and mixture by a "Chip". Throw in an Accountant and there will be a Mid ranged engine for a number of markets, strangled in UK to meet the 33 (about to go up to 40 in October I think) BHP Rule, for inexperienced (not learner) rider.

It may also need to sound like a watch.

Getting morose now, will be talking about a Hydrogen Cell Bike next

IP Logged
BOWDIER

OCALA, FL
Reply #19 - 02/01/08 at 12:46:53

I love the savage, I'm 6"2, ride with no problem. Its a great bike and even I can work on it.

BOWDIER 2006 RED S40
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 02/01/08 at 13:41:05

Hiya lexx ... just saw your post over at NewfoundlandBiker.tv ... great to see another Nflder over here ... this is a truely great Web Community!
The Savage/S40 is a super Bike ... rode my '03 from Aug. 2003 'til I sold it last Oct. with ZERO mechanical issues whatsoever ... the ONLY reason I sold it, was 'cause a co-worker offered me his '06 S50 (VS800) for a price that was too good to pass up ... and I couldn't afford to have 2 Bikes! Still love the LS650 though and miss my '03 ...
If you're wondering if the Savage/S40 will fit you, you should try and find one to sit on ... a buddy of mine has an old '86 which his wife uses ... I may be able to arrange a sit-on for you if you are interested.
As for other new/newer Bikes which would suit you? Well, there are several!
Kawasaki EN500 Vulcan (Cruiser)
Honda VLX600 Shadow (Cruiser)
Suzuki GS500 (Standard)
Kawasaki Ninja 500 (Sport)
Kawasaki Versys 650 (Standard)
Suzuki V-Strom 650 (Standard)
Suzuki SV650 (Semi-Sport)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
lexx9
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 02/01/08 at 15:59:32

Actually Perry, I was hoping yours would not sell so I could get it this year!! LOL. I was not ready to get a new bike last fall. But I am glad that you did move it so you could get your new ride. All the best. lexx9

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:26:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help with buying a Savage!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.