Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re-chromed foot controls (Read 15 times)
Don Steel
YaBB Newbies

East Yorkshire, Great Britain
Re: Re-chromed foot controls
Reply #15 - 02/14/08 at 04:44:23

Yeah Kwaknut, the comparison is good! The first one makes it look like a Honda CG125 engine or similar! The lump in the second one looks great!  Cool

I am probably going with the Silver. PJ1 do a silver engine spray that I had my eye on!
Unfortunately progress on my rebuild is very slow, I'm hoping to get my finger out this year and crack on with it!

When do you predict yours to be up and running?

IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Reply #16 - 02/14/08 at 05:57:47

I'm not rushing things, and want to get it right - I'm struggling to find a few bits I want and need to work out a mod on the shocks to lower the back end and make a shorter rear grab rail, but once my cam and camchain arrive from Lancer, I should be putting most of it together.
I also intend to build some extensions for the forward controls and get those chromed, along with re-chroming a few other pitted bits like the bar risers, yokes and footpeg stubs.  
Different bars mirrors, indicators (maybe), perhaps a rebuild of the front wheel. I'll be touching up the frame paint in situ, but need to remove the swing arm to strip and repaint that properly.  

I'll be using smooth silver hammerite on my engine, but on the fins I think you're right to use the PJ1 stuff.

It all adds up to quite a few hours' work in total, and I work away during the week so it'll be a couple of months I think.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
BOWDIER

OCALA, FL
Reply #17 - 02/16/08 at 17:50:59

Man that chrome looking engine is nice, very sharp

BOWDIER 2006 RED S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home