Running rich & Jardines (Read 47 times)
Kix
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southeast US
Running rich & Jardines
01/26/08 at 21:36:38

Hello Guys!  I'm new to your group and new to Suzukis too.  I just bought a 1998 LS650 Savage.  Only about 15,000 miles on it and seems to be in great condition.  That is with one exception.  The first owner (I'm 3rd) put on a Jardine muffler and advised 2nd owner that it ran rich since that install.  In reading the repair manual I read that other than stock muffler can cause engine to run rich and cause mini-"explosions" in the muffler on shut down.  Mine does this and for htis reason I believe it's running rich.  I haven't looked at the plug yet but will.  Have any of you had this problem andif so did you re-jet and if so, what size or number jet did you use.  I live in Florida an operate basically at sea-level.  I will appreciate your help and advice.  Thanks  KIX

KIX '98 Savage with Jardine
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Running rich & Jardines
Reply #1 - 01/26/08 at 21:52:34

For your reference, questions should be asked in rubber side down.

The mini explosions you talk about are well known.  The cause is usually the opposite of what you have been told though.  Usually it's a lean condition that causes the after fire commonly referred to as back fire.  Check your plug, you might find that it's nearly white on the center electrode.  If that's the case then it's running lean like everyone else is or was.

You'll find many explanations of this all thoughout the tech section.  See carb tuning.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 03:58:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Running rich & Jardines

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.