Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How many Yellow Savages were made? (Read 207 times)
Chicago
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How many Yellow Savages were made?
01/17/08 at 06:37:03

I think a Savage would be the perfect first bike for my daughter. She's all for it and really likes the yellow ones made in 1996 and 2000. Does anyone know how many yellow ones were produced in those years?

P.S. Great forum!

IP Logged
murphy77

Savage + Devil =
Good Times !!!

Nevada
Re: How many Yellow Savages were made?
Reply #1 - 01/17/08 at 07:18:22

I don't know how many were made in each of those years but have to agree that yellow is the nicest color for the savage. I get so many compliments on my bike and its color  Roll Eyes

Get her a yellow one, she'll love it, I do...Dennis

Yellow '96, Dyna Muffler, Sportster Seat.
  IP Logged
longmi01
YaBB Newbies

Des Moines, IA
Reply #2 - 01/17/08 at 12:24:54

Yep, got a yellow 96 and I love the color!  Once, when I was washing it, a guy came up to me and asked if I had repainted the bike.  I told him no, and he was amazed - he thought the color had to have been an aftermarket paint job.  He said he was building a hot rod, and this color would be perfect.  I couldn't tell him much more than to look up '96 Suzuki yellow.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 01/17/08 at 17:00:20

You asked how many were made, wish we knew that answer. Scuttlebutt is 2 were built per US dealer for US sales. Have no idea for Europe or Asia, etc.. Some dealers don't bother with them and award their allocation to a dealer that wants it, others may trade for something they need to make a sale. I believe that in many cases the bikes may be held in a distribution center and the dealer gets them as he needs/wants them so their flooring costs are minimal. Here in Moses Lake (and any other Suzuki DealershipI've been in) I've only seen one on the floor at time and many times there are none. Same with Burgman's, they order one when they sell it. I think they only had one in the Suzuki display at the Seattle Int'l Motorcycle show. So you can't even see all the colors there. There have been rumors from time to time of the Savage's demise, but each year they new models/colors show up. I'm sure with the few changes since '96 and worldwide distribution, any R & D costs are fully recovered and they are pretty profitable for Suzuki to make. I'm also sure that given the emphasis on emissions by the world, the end of most air-cooled engines as we know them is on some calendar. Mostly when not if.  Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Savage Chick

Ride Free!

Greenville, SC
Reply #4 - 03/16/08 at 20:44:12

I know this topic is really old (I'm enthralled with this forum...reading all the old posts)....but I have to say:

Proud owner of a 96 Savage!
I didn't like the color at first...but it really grows on ya!!!! Tongue

Savage Chick
(Tammy)
  IP Logged
JayScottComedy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/17/08 at 00:11:51

I love the yellow. I have a 2000 and wanted yellow bad, the the bike i found for a great price was green so i took it. I somehow think more green ones have been made, they seem more common, but i dont know that for sure.

-Jay

IP Logged
joebothehobo

Ride like a ghost.

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #6 - 03/17/08 at 01:21:40

speaking of, do all the green savages have that big white ⊂-shaped design on the tank?

'91 Suzuki GS500E
'98 Subaru Outback.
Robertomoe is my bro.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #7 - 03/17/08 at 03:06:08

The gas tank "C" shape was the graphic for the 2000 models year.  It is only on the 2000's.

See info and schemes at:
http://www.suzukicycles.org/Savage/LS650-Savage.shtml

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 12:28:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How many Yellow Savages were made?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.