Ideal Engine (Read 396 times)
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Ideal Engine
01/07/08 at 21:33:51

If you could build the ideal engine using the Savage engine as a base.  What would you put into it or do to it?. I'd say a Lancer Carb and Cam kit.  But what else?.  Please don't go too "Burt Munro" as I would like to make it a feasible thing for most to achieve.

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Ideal Engine
Reply #1 - 01/07/08 at 22:23:52

Oil cooler and an improoved oil pump.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 01/07/08 at 22:53:04

if dollars were elm seeds..
stroke it,sleeve it,D port it,cam & carb,chain mod,id keep my hard krome muff....non engine mods..larger tank,forward controlls,alloys,custom saddle 4 my skinny arse,taller sissy bar and modded pillion for wifey,air shocks with on board compressor adjustable from handle bars,paint scheme,sound to light converter, etc etc

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 01/08/08 at 03:00:06

TC, I'll sell you the "Warp Speed" pod I got off Ebay from when Hans Solo parted out the Millineum Falcon. Seems like the only option you havent asked for. You might as well go all the way, huhh?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 01/08/08 at 03:44:19

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/08/08 at 03:00:06:
TC, I'll sell you the "Warp Speed" pod I got off Ebay from when Hans Solo parted out the Millineum Falcon. Seems like the only option you havent asked for. You might as well go all the way, huhh?

really....   i got the ludicrist speed drive from spaceball one.  so neener  neener  neeener......... Cheesy

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #5 - 01/08/08 at 04:52:26

He's gone plaid!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #6 - 01/08/08 at 16:53:13

This 40 cubic inch engine with 4 valves and overhead cam with 94mm bore and stroke should be able to be easily modified to deliver 40hp. That's just 1hp per cubic inch. Most automobile engines today do better than this. My Honda gets about 1.78hp/cu-in, peak. The Chevy Corvette gets over 1hp/cu-in with 2-valves per cylinder and pushrod operated valves! Shocked
What the heck limits the performance of this 650 engine? We have all modified the exhaust with dramatic improvements. The exhaust has no sharp bends, has plenty of pipe size. We have rejetted to throw more fuel at it. We still can't get better than 35hp out of this thing. We ought to be able to get about 50hp. What's the problem?
Is it possible the valves are to small? Is it possible the stock carburetor isn't very good? Undecided Is there a better carburetor out there? Would fuel injection help?
I suspect the valves are too small and the the flow passages in the cylinder head might have to be modified for better flow. That means a whole new cylinder head. Well, I don't think a performance cylinder head exists. While we're at it why don't we get rid of those silly forked rocker arms and go with 2 overhead cams? Sounds like a whole new engine project.
Suzuki, I suspect wants to milk the S40 cash cow and spend there development money on the crotch rockets. :'(

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #7 - 01/09/08 at 07:27:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/08/08 at 03:00:06:
how many elm seeds for it??

IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #8 - 01/09/08 at 08:09:40

I have already sent off for the TARDIS upgrade. But which piston should I use with it?
Apart from the Jokes ( which I like) I do have a spare engine and am thinking of rebuilding it bit by bit in the future and wondered what alternatives there were to stock.

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 01/09/08 at 09:00:57

SteveRocket1 wrote on 01/09/08 at 08:09:40:
I have already sent off for the TARDIS upgrade. But which piston should I use with it?
Apart from the Jokes ( which I like) I do have a spare engine and am thinking of rebuilding it bit by bit in the future and wondered what alternatives there were to stock.
dont know what tardis is..but think lancer knows of an outfit that can ceramic coat the cyl.,D porting intake and exh ports will increace volicity..

IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #10 - 01/09/08 at 09:22:33

"dont know what tardis is..
It comes from Dr Who it means Time And Relative Dimensions in Space.
It was his Time machine/Spacecraft that was bigger in the inside than it was outside.

IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #11 - 01/09/08 at 09:24:22

What does D porting mean. I have heard it mentioned but don't know what they do

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #12 - 01/09/08 at 11:32:46

D porting.... material is added to the bottom of the ports and the shaped is changed to a D on its side, google    D ports   or    D porting    many thoughts on this theory...main theory is an increase in velocity and turbulence and scavanging in the ext for performance gains....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 01/09/08 at 11:38:22

So why D port?  Why not smaller round ones?

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #14 - 01/09/08 at 17:09:08

no expert here..
way i understand it turblance(help me here verslagen!)on the intake and scavanging on the exhaust..kinda like those add on plates for the carb with a venturi hole in them installed horz on the intake side of the carb u get a good mix of air and fuel..smaller the fuel perticles = more efficent burn = more go...more scavanging = more flow(?)..
try this site   mototuneusa   has a page or so on D ports..also thing lancer did a  D port job on one of his projects a while back should be able to find with the search function...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 12:18:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ideal Engine

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.