PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Word to the Wise
Reply #15 - 01/03/08 at 08:41:31

Sold my '03 Savage to buy an '06 S50 last Oct. ... will reserve judgement 'til I spend some quality Road-time with the S50, but something deep down is telling me I just might miss my Thumper a whole lot when all is said and done ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 01/04/08 at 05:19:07

Have you figured out if there is any special hassle in doing an oil change?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Taz

Bikes and boats,
Yeah!

Reply #17 - 01/05/08 at 05:30:07

This is the reason the wife is trading in her 750 Vulcan first to get herself a 400 Burgman. No real attachment to the Vulcan.

Now "Taz" on the other hand will be a little harder to let go; Taz fits me just right for cruising and day trips with it's driver's back rest, hi way pegs, and windshield. My only complaint is the too small gas tank.

Her decision is made, I'm still thinking about my available options.

IP Logged
jinglebob
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 01/05/08 at 07:21:35

Interesting.  I feel the same way about my VN750...nice bike, but no real attachment...and one of the alternatives I'm looking at to replace it is a large scooter...Silverwing, Burg 400/650, or Majesty.

None of those will replace that thumping little one-lunger on the S40, though.  Maybe I need one of each  Wink

Bob

IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #19 - 01/05/08 at 16:57:50

Jinglebob,
I'm glad you wrote this. I have been wondering for the last 5.5 years whether I did the right thing by buying this motorcycle. I suspected I did the right thing, so I never bailed out of my decision. I just upgraded the LS650 a little bit to get more power and better sound. I'm a 64 year old guy, but I'm a little lighter and can go faster than 70mph. However, at my age, 90mph on a motorcycle is pretty scary. I click off 100mph fairly frequently in my Honda S2000, but rarely exceed 70mph on my LS650; too scary.
This bike does have booming acceleration up to 60mph especially after the minor upgrades I've made. I used up the stock rear tire in about 3000 miles due to the wear of acceleration. I never spun the wheel, it was all due to the squirm of the rubber under force.
I'm finally beginning to believe now that I have a great bike. Smiley
When I think that I would get only about $2200 for this bike if I sold it, I will likely keep it until I croak. I think I will roll it into my living room and sit on it while I watch TV. Oh, I can do this because I'm not married anymore. Grin
Here in Florida, I can ride all year. I don't ride though when the morning temperature is below 55F. :'(

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #20 - 01/05/08 at 19:17:29

Odar wrote on 12/30/07 at 11:12:53:
When I bought my Intruder 1500 LC 7 years ago my plan was to sell my Savage -99, that I had for one year, but I didnt, in the first 2-3 years with the 1500 I used that one all the time but then I started to use the Savage more and more, last summer I spend 7000 km on the Savage and only 2000 km on the 1500, this tell me I did the right thing not selling the Savage. She is a keeper for shore.
Hope you find another one sone.
Odar in Sweden
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/Odar1/IMG_5741.jpg?t=1199041933

Thats a d@mn fine looking bike. I predict many sore necks. Cool

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:30:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Word to the Wise

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.