Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
CAN'T GET THE STARTER TO ENGAGE? (Read 302 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: CAN'T GET THE STARTER TO ENGAGE?
Reply #15 - 12/30/07 at 16:34:38

Without the answers to what I asked, I wouldnt go to the interlocks. Once I got the answer I would either go to gears in the case or interlocks. I never got an answer. I am sorry he didnt get the support he felt he should have, but unless he wants a dialogue he cant get it. No answ3rs? I cant help. One would thnk tho, that anyone with 30+ years experience would know where to look for interlocks, Make sure its in neutral, maybe the start switch is oxidized, unless I get answers to my questions, I am stuck, just like everyone else here.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DALE
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 12/30/07 at 16:52:39

Justn,  Hey I didn't like the attitudes I got. I asked for help and that is what this site was supposed to be. Thanks for your input though at least you offered some advice. But I have it kind of running still have to go through the carb. I finnally figured it out the new starter relay I puirchased was bad, go figure? I wouldn't of thought that would have been it. I kind of rigged an old one I had off another bike up as a temp.  As you could tell I don't like nuts off of people unless I did something to deserve it. But anyway thanks again for your input.  Greg came back and was helpful after a said my peace and he was cool about it. Dale

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 12/30/07 at 20:56:45

I remember being new here a couple years ago. I asked things that had been asked & answered dozens of times. Most of the guys here are very good at maintaining their bikes & some of the ladies are better than some of us. Help is available, with a cheerful attitude most often. Seems lately we've upset a few folks. Dont run off, hang out some & see if things arent to your liking.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #18 - 12/31/07 at 13:33:02

DALE wrote on 12/30/07 at 16:52:39:
But I have it kind of running still have to go through the carb. I finnally figured it out the new starter relay I puirchased was bad, go figure? I wouldn't of thought that would have been it.

You can get bad stuff everywhere. I had replaced the carb on my lawn mower with a brand new one, straight from the factory, and it ended up being bad, had to buy another new one which worked this time.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #19 - 01/02/08 at 07:23:20

DALE wrote on 12/30/07 at 16:52:39:
I finnally figured it out the new starter relay I puirchased was bad, go figure? I wouldn't of thought that would have been it. I kind of rigged an old one I had off another bike up as a temp.   Dale

The energizing voltage to the starter relay comes from the decompression/starter module. Location: above the carb. Try another if you can borrow one.

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:25:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › CAN'T GET THE STARTER TO ENGAGE?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.