Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stock Suzuki Windscreen (Read 153 times)
DesertCruisers
YaBB Newbies

Ask me how to join
Desert Cruisers in
Arizona

Stock Suzuki Windscreen
12/24/07 at 10:05:35

Hey I have an 05 S40 and only have done the white spacer removal, drop in K&N Filter and adjusted the idle/fuel screw.

I want to know if top speed is increased at all by having a windscreen put on?

I go on a lot of rides with my Arizona motorcycle group and we are cruising a lot between 65-80.  I want to know if there is a slight head wind, can the windscreen help the top speed?

Jeff,

Moderator and creator of Desert Cruisers riding group in Phoenix Arizona.
  IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Re: Stock Suzuki Windscreen
Reply #1 - 12/24/07 at 11:06:42

Not sure if it makes it goes faster  but it is a lot more comfortable at 80mph with the screen.  I have ridden mine with and with out and screen cuts the wind in the face a lot.  My suggestion for more speed is to change the muffler from stock to a free flowing one.  I have a supertrapp which are "Tuneable"  Then rejet /adjust carb to suit. I believe I gained about 10% more power and speed when I did mine.  If thats not enough,  talk to Lancer he's the man for increasing the power on the Savage and has some unique upgrades
I hope this helps  
Ride Safe
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 12/24/07 at 19:56:56

I've never had a small windscreen, but a normal windscreen will slow you down. You want notice much different till you get over 50mph.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/24/07 at 20:26:00

If you want faster out of it, change the belt to a chain. If you are planning on riding highway speeds much, I suggest a windscreen. I had one on the Guzzi & the small windscreen took the blast off the chest & the wind hit high on the helmet. Didnt try to knock me head back. With a regular helmet & face shield, I got buffeting, but with the flip faced helmet, no air got in the helmet swirling & no buffeting. I wouldnt want the Biggo windshield.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 12/26/07 at 08:43:44

I know that I have a small wind screen, and though it might cause a speed or handling difference, I feel the benefits out weigh those issues.

As well, concerning the title of this topic, I seriously prefer the cleaner fork mounting of the OEM shield.  My bar is cluttered with those after market clamps, and I think they suck Tongue

IP Logged
Dave48

Try owt once...

Nottingham, UK
Reply #5 - 12/26/07 at 09:09:02

Doubt that the aerodynamics of most screens do anything for speed, but even a small one is excellent for lessening wind-chill on a cold day! Thus I find the Virago warmer than the Savage:

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:16:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stock Suzuki Windscreen

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.