Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Do I have to buy the needle and the valve??? (Read 426 times)
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: Do I have to buy the needle and the valve???
Reply #30 - 12/24/07 at 16:50:33

verslagen1 wrote on 12/23/07 at 17:31:34:
I know SW is a smart wahine, and if she can't do it, she knows a menehune that can.   Wink

Can do what?
Menehunes are indeed useful, but unfortunately they've never done the dishes for me, and they have a tendency to act more like those gremlins that most people have a bell on their bike for!!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #31 - 12/24/07 at 16:51:22

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/24/07 at 08:55:35:
Well, when I was helping to kick start a BSA twin at 6am for a Barstow to Vegas run on a colder than a witches #$# morning, I had to hold on to the frame to get enough heft to be able to kick her over.  This was so the guys with the heft built in could catch their breath.  It was fun watching my out of breath brothers trying wheeze in enough air to laugh, nearly killed them.  1st time I tried nearly launched myself over the handlebars Grin

I know SW is a smart wahine, and if she can't do it, she knows a menehune that can.   Wink

Hell, I know.  You'd think that letting gravity do the work would make it easier, but not a chance...and I remember a few folks complaining that the Savage didn't have a kick starter.  Ya right, and I'd like to be 20 years younger too.

I had enough trouble getting a 250 Honda to run last summer.  Dam near had to de-fib after each attempt Roll Eyes

Hmmm, why would we need a kick starter?

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #32 - 12/24/07 at 20:29:00

SavageWahine wrote on 12/24/07 at 16:51:22:

The morning after skiing, I need a kick to get me started.  Nothing colder than a mamoth condo floor.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 12/24/07 at 20:33:28

SavageWahine wrote on 12/24/07 at 16:50:33:

Can do what?
Menehunes are indeed useful, but unfortunately they've never done the dishes for me, and they have a tendency to act more like those gremlins that most people have a bell on their bike for!!

I heard tell that the menehunes did good deeds.  Perhaps, with all the mainlanders there a few gremlins came over and taught them a few bad tricks.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #34 - 12/25/07 at 05:47:50

SavageWahine wrote on 12/24/07 at 16:51:22:
Savage_Greg wrote on 12/24/07 at 08:55:35:
Well, when I was helping to kick start a BSA twin at 6am for a Barstow to Vegas run on a colder than a witches #$# morning, I had to hold on to the frame to get enough heft to be able to kick her over.  This was so the guys with the heft built in could catch their breath.  It was fun watching my out of breath brothers trying wheeze in enough air to laugh, nearly killed them.  1st time I tried nearly launched myself over the handlebars Grin

Hell, I know.  You'd think that letting gravity do the work would make it easier, but not a chance...and I remember a few folks complaining that the Savage didn't have a kick starter.  Ya right, and I'd like to be 20 years younger too.

I had enough trouble getting a 250 Honda to run last summer.  Dam near had to de-fib after each attempt Roll Eyes

In a way, the conversation is waxing nostalgic over the memories of using a kick starter a few decades ago.  Electrical systems weren't nearly as sophisticated and kick starters were the way.

My 1980 XS850 had both, but in 10 years of ownership I probably used the kick starter 5 times.  Now-a-days, a kick starter would be an alternative for the occasional low battery situation, but it might be a real bear to use without a way to operate the decompression lever manually...

Why would we NEED a kick starter?  I dunno Tongue

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #35 - 07/11/08 at 21:41:38

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/25/07 at 05:47:50:
In a way, the conversation is waxing nostalgic over the memories of using a kick starter a few decades ago.  Electrical systems weren't nearly as sophisticated and kick starters were the way.

My 1980 XS850 had both, but in 10 years of ownership I probably used the kick starter 5 times.  Now-a-days, a kick starter would be an alternative for the occasional low battery situation, but it might be a real bear to use without a way to operate the decompression lever manually...

Why would we NEED a kick starter?  I dunno Tongue

I for one would like to have a kickstarter on my Savage and my KLR650s.

I had kickstarters on my '75 Suzuki GT750 and my '77 Yamaha XS750S.  Used 'em all the time.  If it took more than one kick to start, hot or cold, I knew I needed to reset timing and change the plugs.

I miss my kickstarters!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 18:27:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Do I have to buy the needle and the valve???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.