Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Retuning 06 S40 for Screaming Eagle Muffler Swap (Read 35 times)
kawasakis3
YaBB Newbies

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
Retuning 06 S40 for Screaming Eagle Muffler Swap
12/10/07 at 16:01:37

I bought a new Screaming Eagle Muffler for my Girlfriends 06 S40. I know that the carb and air filter will also need to be changed or modified. I ordered the Jet Set, and the Revised CD from the guys on this site. I plan to order a K&N Filter to drop in the stock airbox. What is an airbox mod consist of and have I forgotten anything else I'll need to install this muffler and make the bike run right. I have been riding and working on motorcycles for 42 years and have owned 24 bikes. I hope this CD will give my some insight on how to fine tune the carb which is something I never have done before. Any suggestions as to something I'm forgetting will be appreciated. I don't want to just put the muffler on and the bike run like crap.   Thanks in advance for any help

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Re: Retuning 06 S40 for Screaming Eagle Muffler Sw
Reply #1 - 12/10/07 at 19:29:45

Desnorkel (Pull seat off and remove the intake rubber on top of the airbox)Drop in K&N filter
Rejet the main (152 in mine)
Remove top of carb and pull out the slide with the rubber vacuum bellow attached. Look inside the slide and MARK the TOP of the piece that holds the needle with a magic marker BEFORE removing the 2 small screws inside the slide. (It should go back in exactly like it came out or else) After you take out the needle you'll see a small white spacer.
I removed mine completely since I feel that this was just a kneejerk move by Suzuki to get it lean enough for DEQ.
Drill small hole in mixture plug on right of carb,screw in small screw and yank out the plug.
Adjust idle mixture for highest rpm when idling hot.
Adjust rpm with hand throttle knob on left of carb. Wink
I have the MAC pipe and this setting runs great on mine without popping Smiley

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 12/10/07 at 20:16:15

your snorkel is under the tank?

funny, mines under the seat. Grin

WWW   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 12/11/07 at 05:44:38

jetting depends on your elevation etc, i'm at +300', i ended up with #152 main jet, 1/2 spacer on the needle, #55 pilot jet, i opted to swiss cheese the air box door for more air, and kept the stock filter, for its better filtering properties, as we live in the desert, LOTS of dirt in the air. desnorkeling wasn't an option, as my wiring ended there when i put the sportster seat on.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #4 - 12/11/07 at 08:28:14

verslagen1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
your snorkel is under the tank?

funny, mines under the seat. Grin

Oke, I stand corrected. Grin

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 12/11/07 at 09:51:54

assuming you have an impact driver to get carb apart..my 06 wasnt 6months old and i needed one ..
replace the top and bowl screws with ss allen heads for easier access later...dont NEED to pull carb but 1 st time around its easier if you do...with your experience you should find the ls easy wrenching  Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:24:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Retuning 06 S40 for Screaming Eagle Muffler Swap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.