Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Battery!? (Read 12 times)
lycurgus1777
YaBB Newbies

New Battery!?
12/06/07 at 18:53:15

Hiya guys, i just bought a used savage, gotta say i love it. It's my first bike, but when I got it home it quit on me. turns out i need a new battery and the one O'Reily's said would fit me was too large. well, too tall at least. It's a 92, any help?

What's more, I have a battery, but it's dry. Should i buy some acid?

They are all perfect
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: New Battery!?
Reply #1 - 12/06/07 at 20:56:34

Your information doesn't show where you live, but the USA didn't have 92 MY Savages. Battery should have come with an acid bottle or filled by the seller and charged by them. If you do a search on batteries and run it back 60 months to year there is lots of information on battery options. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 12/07/07 at 04:37:25

Most Walmart stores carry some motorcycle battery's.  Just measure the stock battery and go to Wally world  and look through what they have.  The "application book" they have shows some battery's for Harley's or other bike large enough to need a strong battery and scan the list for one that is the right size to fit the space on the bike.  They do have one that will fit, the question is if it is in stock at the time.  You may have to special order it.

You can also go online to www.jirehcycles.com and look at their selection of batteries.  Their prices are about as good as it gets and they ship quickly.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 12/07/07 at 05:21:01

lycurgus1777 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
...What's more, I have a battery, but it's dry. Should i buy some acid?
If it is a new battery it should have come with acid, or instructions to purchase acid.  If it is not new it should be recycled for the lead.

Without a kick starter the battery is not something I would skimp on.  I would go with Absorbed Glass Mat technology -- the Big Crank or equivalent.  

WWW   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #4 - 12/07/07 at 05:40:00

my local independent motorcycle shop, can usually get me any battery i want within a day or two, it fits, and if needed, comes with acid.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #5 - 12/07/07 at 20:54:48

The stock battery is a "YUASA YB14L-B2". If your battery is doubtful get a new one.
My 5 year old battery was pulled out last weekend and charged overnight to get it back to zero. I suspect I will have to spring for a new one next year. Cost is $50-60. Interstate doesn't have a replacement. If you order on-line you will need a plan to get acid put in it. They are not shipped with acid.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 12/07/07 at 22:13:33

The battery I got from Bike Bandit came with a supply of accid to add to the dry battery.  I did not know about AGM batteries then.  AGM batteries are shipped with acid, charged, ready to install.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 23:49:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Battery!?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.