Send Topic Print
2002 savage jetting? (Read 14 times)
tinga
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

2002 savage jetting?
11/30/07 at 12:25:04

hello everybody! i have a 2002 stock savage, 1000 miles on it,pipe is blue at the head so i guess i need to rejet. for a stock  2002 whats the best main/pilot setup?new stuff here 12/12/07. I live in Syracuse, NY. The savage is a suprisingly quick bike, I got to put a few miles on it ridding around the neighborhood, from the blue at the header of the pipe looks to me like a rejet is needed. i am going to run w/stock pipe and A/F,whats the best size main/pilot to use?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 2002 savage jetting
Reply #1 - 11/30/07 at 13:59:56

Get a set from 150 to 155 from lancer and you got it covered.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 11/30/07 at 20:08:04

I have one set left at this time.  It will likely be weeks before I get any more in.

IP Logged
tinga
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 12/03/07 at 07:20:17

hi,i would like to order that, i am on the library pc,i can send a m.o. for it, thanks

IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #4 - 12/07/07 at 21:53:56

A pure stock 2002 Savage with stock muffler should not have a blue pipe, and doesn't need rejetting. ???
Pipe coloration showes up when you install a performance exhaust and don't rejet. Check what you have as an exhaust system.
Where did you ever find a 2002 with only 1000 miles on it anyway? I think you might have got scammed.
The seller might have run a performance exhaust then re-installed the stock muffler to get it sold.
You can polish out the blue with some products available, but it takes some work. Good luck with this one.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #5 - 12/09/07 at 11:11:28

My stock 02 did blue the first 8 inches of the header pipe because it was lean (and hot running) from the manufacturer. After I rejetted, the blue changed to a golden color and the smoothness was dramatic. Here in the midwest though, as we have moved into the colder weather, I need to richen up again on pilot and needle.

For my summer running I changed from the stock solid 42.5 pilot to a perforated 42.5 pilot. (Approx 1 step up). I went to a 2/3 rds white spacer and my idle mixture screw is set right at 2 turns out. My main is a Dynojet 42  (Already had it on hand)

For my colder weather setup, I plan to change to the 45 perforated pilot and turn in the idle mixture screw as needed. Change the needle spacer to approx 1/2 thickness and leave the main alone.

In the colder weather, I need the choke again to start. At less than 1/4 throttle, I get surging which continues into the midrange and the backfire has returned as I get off the throttle. The midrange running smooths out when I pull out the choke to the first detente (stop) indicating a lean condition in the cold air.

I still am using the stock exhaust and air filter, but the intake has been desnorkled.

I live east of Indy and our air temp right now has been in the 30's.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:34:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2002 savage jetting?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.