Send Topic Print
In The Dark.... (Read 9 times)
Dave48

Try owt once...

Nottingham, UK
In The Dark....
11/25/07 at 11:22:08

....as in "no lights"!

Doubt anything Savage-specific, but any clues as to where to begin looking for source of this problem would be appreciated!

Other than for rear (which is working from the brakes and when main lights on), the Savage is light-less. No headlamp, no indicators. Yesterday it was erratically lighting ALL indicators when headlamp on dip or full (but not park!), which I assume was preparatory to today's total loss!

Thanks.

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: In The Dark....
Reply #1 - 11/25/07 at 11:31:43

Sounds like a short/grounded circuit to me.  Time to get out the voltage/ammeter and start testing circuits.

As a precautionary measure, check all the fuses and light bulbs to make sure nothing funky is going on.

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 11/25/07 at 16:10:18

Also check connectors under the tank to make sure they are pushed together fully.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #3 - 11/25/07 at 17:01:25

My main plug under the tank came apart and I had no lights in the front or signals. The back worked. I didn't have a functioning push button start either. I plugged it back together and wraped it with a thin zip wire tie so it wouldn't come apart again. Check the fuses under the seat on the throttle side first.   Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 11/25/07 at 18:38:17

you are describing an open ckt...rear works front doesnt =connector under tank..had tank off recently ??if was fuse none would work..1 fuse starting ckt. other lighting ckt...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Dave48

Try owt once...

Nottingham, UK
Reply #5 - 11/26/07 at 00:50:32

"Also check connectors under the tank to make sure they are pushed together fully. "

And similar comments!

Oh dear, confirms my suspicions! I recently replaced the clutch cable, using the lazy method of taping clutch end of the new to the lever end of the old .... and dragging it through!

Did rather feel as if I had encountered an obstruction....

Thanks all.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 15:22:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › In The Dark....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.