Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How do I remove rust from inside tank? (Read 13 times)
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Re: How do I remove rust from inside tank?
Reply #15 - 11/23/07 at 16:40:23

Someone, perhaps here, says to get like a $1 gallon of thinner at Wallyworld then as much steel bird shot as you dare. You will need to remove/ plug the petc0ck.
Then pour in 1/2 thinner and a bunch of shot, replace the lid and shake, shake til you drop. Pour out the mess then rinse w/ thinner. It will knock off the stuff that might go to the carb, do it longer like on a rotisserie and it will get shiny, new.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: How do I remove rust from inside tank?
Reply #16 - 11/24/07 at 05:55:58

Mr 650 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Someone, perhaps here, says to get like a $1 gallon of thinner at Wallyworld then as much steel bird shot as you dare. You will need to remove/ plug the petc0ck.
Then pour in 1/2 thinner and a bunch of shot, replace the lid and shake, shake til you drop. Pour out the mess then rinse w/ thinner. It will knock off the stuff that might go to the carb, do it longer like on a rotisserie and it will get shiny, new.

Oh yeah, a gas tank full of thinner on a rottisserie is definitely a good idea.  How you gonna fit the tank to it? 8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 07:30:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How do I remove rust from inside tank?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.