Need Help with Jet Type (Read 7 times)
willrph
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Wisconsin
Need Help with Jet Type
11/10/07 at 06:23:23

Last month I bought a used 2006 S40 and really enjoy the bike.   Right after buying I thought is was running lean and came across this great site that confirmed my belief.    It seemed simple, and I also found effective, to remove the brass plug from the mixture screw.  A 1/2 turn dramatically reduced low throttle hesitation and flat spots but seemed to increase backfire at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.  Yes, my next step is to tackle the infamous spacer.   If that fails I replacing jets is the next step.  
 Sorry about being long winded but I an finally getting to my question.  In reviewing internet sites it appears Mikuni produces many styles of pilot and main jets.  Which are the right ones to purchase by product number?   On one site I found 4 styles of Mikuni main jets (M10/small hex, n100 large round, N102 small round, etc).  The same is true for the pilot jets.  Reviewed many postings on this site and could not find the answer.  Since I am too lazy to keep looking or remove the jets I thought it best to ask the expers.
 Thanks for the great information found on this site.  Not only will it be fun to tinker with the bike I will save enought money to buy accessories without the wrath of the significant other.  Or at least that's what I hope.

White spacer mod, 150 main, K&N Air Filter, Memphis Shades Slim
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: Need Help with Jet Type
Reply #1 - 11/10/07 at 07:49:23

dont take the spacer completely out. some people here have used small washers to make up the difference to about half the spacer. i have an 87 and took the spacer out and it didn't help at all. all bikes are different. use the search feature for jetting.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #2 - 11/10/07 at 13:12:19

Also read the "no more backfire" in this site. Love the way mine runs now and notice no blue-ing on header pipe from too lean a condition. I'm saying take it all the way out and try. You can always undo it (takes me less than1/2 hour) Wink Grin

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #3 - 11/10/07 at 13:17:52

The newer bikes are definitely set leaner than the older bikes.  I removed the white spacer on my 1998 with no jet changes, and the lean symptoms have disappeared.  You might start with 1/2 space with washers, that's what I originally intended to do but couldn't find the washers I needed at the time.

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:21:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need Help with Jet Type

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.