ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Dual headlights
11/03/07 at 22:21:14

Anyone using Dual HD 4 1/2" Headlights?

Are they any better than the stock headlight?

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Dual headlights
Reply #1 - 11/04/07 at 03:19:16

Saw pics of dual lamps on a Savage before ... looked pretty cool ... if I can dig 'em up, I'll post 'em!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #2 - 11/04/07 at 03:46:15

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 11/04/07 at 05:00:12

I have a pair of small blue oval driving lights that I found at an auto parts store for $16 that will be going on REX.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 11/04/07 at 05:08:53

Demin wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:

Not bad Smiley

IP Logged
skoeter
YaBB Newbies

'62 Born on '86
Savage

Netherlands Schiedam
Reply #5 - 11/04/07 at 05:55:10

Demin wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:

Spotted it too about a week ago. A few weeks back I bought the same lights for 65 euro while they should cost about 150!!

Think he did some nice thing with the clamps, waiting for mine to come in....
8)

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 11/04/07 at 09:14:18

How about doing a comparison of the lighting for us?

Take a picture of the light cast upon a dark wall kind of thing.  Or down a dark street.

The one's I'm looking at are dual H4's with 55/60w bulbs.

WWW   IP Logged
russellwhitlock
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/04/07 at 15:18:52

Although this conversion may look awesome, I would have to advise against doing it.

I have TWO friends who have been wiped out whilst riding, because a car driver saw two headlights close together at night, and assumed that it was a car that was still some distance away, rather than a bike that was rather close.

Is it worth risking your life to make your ride look a little bit sweeter? I think not.

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #8 - 11/04/07 at 16:11:55

Did neither of the car drivers see the orange turn signal lights that are always on?? Or did your friends remove those?

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #9 - 11/05/07 at 02:51:06

Slightly different but I ran dual 5 3/4 lights on my old 750 GSXR sport touring conversion.  It is awesome having that much light.  I picked up a set of harley aftermarket lights and made mounts so one sits on each fork leg.

I personally wouldn't worry about duals and cars, the more light the better as far as being seen.  You always have to drive defensively around cages especially left turning ones.  It is really nice when a bulb dies at night and you still have another one.  It really improves both long and short distance vision.

If you really want a sight throw in a set of 55/100w sky burners as we called them.  You will probably also watch the charging/electrical system fry on the savage Angry  but man will you see before it does! 8)

I am assuming you are planning those 4 1/2 as a replacement to your headlight and not an addition to.  If so just watch the beam pattern.  Some lenses that are made as running lights have a different pattern than headlights.  I was also going to warn that many driving lights don't have low beams but it appears yours do.  With that the case they probably have a decent beam patern.

If your electricals can handle it go for it!

If you want a picture of my set up let me know!

WWW   IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #10 - 11/05/07 at 05:39:18

russellwhitlock wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Although this conversion may look awesome, I would have to advise against doing it.

I have TWO friends who have been wiped out whilst riding, because a car driver saw two headlights close together at night, and assumed that it was a car that was still some distance away, rather than a bike that was rather close.

Is it worth risking your life to make your ride look a little bit sweeter? I think not.

This is also the case with one light. One light looks like a car that is a little more distant. Two lights is no more a problem than one. And it can shed more light, plus can give you a backup if one light goes out.

Swapped the S40 on a Shadow Spirit 1100
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 11/05/07 at 07:03:40

I don't have much use for high beams anyway.  And when I do, 60w is enough.

This all started when I found true HID beams and being blinded most of the time that I meet someone with them.  For the most part, it's illegal to upgrade to them.  They have to be factory installed to have them.  Since I would expect suzuki to ever offer them on the savage, I've been looking at HD's.  Haven't found one there either.

Since I've been looking for new lights, either a single 8" or 7", I've been most concerned with the lighting pattern of the different lenses.  It seems the euro lenses have a sharper cut off for low beam?  And I don't know what there high beams are.

WWW   IP Logged
skoeter
YaBB Newbies

'62 Born on '86
Savage

Netherlands Schiedam
Reply #12 - 11/05/07 at 09:34:32

russellwhitlock wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:

I'm sorry to hear about your friends but does it indicate a problem with the lights or a problem with the cardrivers eyes/sleep pattern??

More lights is more view!  Besides......  i agree on the being seen earlier staed above....

WWW   IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #13 - 11/05/07 at 10:12:23

All my riding has ALLWAYS been done with High-beam during the DAY. They'll see me much earlier. If it burns out, I always still have low (for night-time). Added benefit: Cagers tend to move over if they get tired of Highbeam in their mirror. In a pack of motorcycles I'll ride with lowbeam unless I'm the leader. Tongue

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 11/05/07 at 11:00:50

I do the same, highbeam durring daytime.
I guess I should say I found 100w no better than 60w cause I rarely use it at night and I've found that 60w highbeam is just fine for me.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:17:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dual headlights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.