Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trashed case? (Read 5 times)
Psycobilly
YaBB Newbies

South Carolina
Re: Trashed case?
Reply #15 - 10/23/07 at 18:58:07

Okay, general consensus is, a new set of cases. I think that best, and I will start looking locally.

For the rest of the bike, a lot of rust externally. Tank has major pitting, and a hole about an eighth of an inch. Seat, is fubar, and no tranny cover, all fasteners, bolts, and nuts missing. Scary, maybe, but I'm used to bringing back a lot of older things. My 45 Harley for instance. Stator cover was removed and left off, with minor surface rust on the flywheel.

Electrical system, is also FUBAR. Cut wires everywhere, but no big problem. I saw a lot of diagrams last night searching this site. Miles unknown, but a fresh rebuild. or new engine would be in order. I'm sure with the experience here, I will find my way.

My camera is finally operational, so  i will maybe, get savage Greg to post some photos tomorrow. He was really helpful in getting my halfa$$ diagram above linked in.

Anyways, this is nothing I'm scared of. I just hated the bike had no resting place. It needs a dry, warm place. The rest is just time. I can turn a wrench, and ask a lot of stupid questions. I was told as a boy, patience and persistence, pays off. We'll see!

If you don't measure it, it won't get done. If you don't measure right, it won't get done right.
  IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Re: Trashed case?
Reply #16 - 10/30/07 at 13:29:03

Might consider parting that one out and finding one that runs.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:19:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Trashed case?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.