Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
muffler installation (Read 13 times)
tonyn05
Ex Member

muffler installation
10/18/07 at 08:41:41

Hey i just brought a suzuki s40 two months ago and i brought a screaming eagle muffler slip-on. the things is that i can't install it because i live on campus and i do not have anytools to put it on and when i try to go to a bike shop they say they wont do it because it wont work and laugh. i was wondering if any suzuki s40 rider lives around scranton,pa that would do it for me i would pay.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: muffler installation
Reply #1 - 10/18/07 at 14:52:34

I don't live near Scranton, PA. But for those morons who said that the screaming eagle wouldn't work needs to look at this site.

Several folks here have put Screaming Eagles on their Savage/S40s. Of course with a muffler change, you will also need to re-jet the carb.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 10/18/07 at 18:07:18

Screaming Eagle, from which model HD??  The Dyna model fits.  "Semi" bolt up.

I'm just south of Allentown, Pa..........hmmmmm,  I prefer to work out of my garage.......You think you're up to the drive down?  This weekend is out.  

I have an aftermarket Dyna on, see:  "Ain't whistling dixie no more....."    thread.  It has pict's.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
tonyn05
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/19/07 at 16:20:20

if i bring the muffler and heat shield down will u install it and can you rejet it also.can you buy the rejet kit and i will pay you back with the installation.how much do you want for this.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #4 - 10/19/07 at 16:55:55

PM sent with more details.

Since I believe in spreading knowledge,  "we" can install the muffler and "we" can rejet it.     The bike is simple to work on so it's not going to be overwhelming.   Just a little tedious.

Price.......Hmmmm.....seeing bugs on your teeth when we're done.....(check out Greg's latest profile picture).

Have you done any of the carb mod's??  White spacer and brass plug?

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
viper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 10/19/07 at 19:43:02

Tonyn05
There is a shop on The old Rt6 going into Carbondale Pa. Main jet Tech. Guys are real good. Look them up in the phone book . Shop is about 15min. from were you are.They are on the right side just after the meridith st. turn off . Buy the way he has a dyno and Knows how to use it. most work can be in & out 1 day. Let me Know how you make out if you need help ask I'm just outside of Clifford.
Ride Safe Viper

IP Logged
tonyn05
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/26/07 at 03:09:49

hey can they put on the muffler at Main jet Tech.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 10/26/07 at 17:22:54

There used to be a decent independent shop in Pipersville on Rt 611, it was named Phoenix Motorcycles. Might be a bit of a ride from Scranton but they should be able to do the job. Have you ever made it to the Freemansburg Hill Climb. It should be coming up soon and is a must see.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
viper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 10/27/07 at 16:50:59

Tony I'm sure they can install a muffler. I had work done about 6 Mos. ago. vibration issue @ 50mph they checked frount wheel 1 it was out of balance 2 rim had 4 loose spokes They trued the rim an balanced  charged me 10$ Vibration gone. I'm happy and bike only down 1 day give them a try. let me know how you make out. If they don't do good for you I won't recomend them to any one else.
Ride Safe
Viper

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:18:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › muffler installation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.