Aftermarket foot pegs? (Read 21 times)
Lon
YaBB Newbies

Short STer

Nashua, NH
Aftermarket foot pegs?
10/17/07 at 13:51:33

Hi,

My wife just bought a Savage and it's got strange HD-style footpegs on it.  Apart from not correctly fitting (they're loose and wobbly), the left side doesn't fold up like it should.  This makes cornering dangerous if you scrape the left footpeg, as it becomes effectively a hard part.

I'm looking for aftermarket recommendations for footpegs or floorboards.  Piecing together the Suzuki pegs comes out to about $90/pair  Sad

I saw the topic w/ floorboard pictures - that's a possibility (they look very nice), as long as they fold up like they should Smiley

-- Lon

WWW   IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Re: Aftermarket foot pegs?
Reply #1 - 10/17/07 at 14:07:53

front dont fold on my '87. They move a little but that is all. Our more long time Savages may advise you better bet as far as I know only the back ones fold and if your dragging them Whow
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
Lon
YaBB Newbies

Short STer

Nashua, NH
Reply #2 - 10/17/07 at 14:17:59

Hmm, ok.  Hers is a 2002 but I don't recall that they changed the footpeg design at all.  Footpegs need to fold at least 30-45 degrees.

This one's basically rigid on the frame as it is. Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 10/18/07 at 07:15:31

hiway hawk has "fit specific"  replacement pegs for the savage, i'm  very pleased with the ISO type we bought, they are exact fit with the detents for side stand switch etc.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=cafe;action=display;num=1169495...

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:23:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Aftermarket foot pegs?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.