Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Think I found the hole! (Read 95 times)
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Re: Think I found the hole!
Reply #15 - 10/18/07 at 08:39:09

Might also be a good time to introduce it to an impact wrench and socket. You know the routine, introductions, a little WD 40, close contact, and you never know what may happen.

Seriously, WD 40 (or liquid wrench) and an impact wrench can remove a lot of bolts and nuts that you would never have dreamed could be removed. The shock of the impact wrench tends to break loose the rust in the threads without damaging the head of the bolt. If it breaks off, then problem also solved.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/18/07 at 09:09:56

Some of these former Navy folks have some real answers to stuck/rusty bolts. Seems I saw wintergreen oil & Kroil oil mentioned. I found Kroil & used it. Works great. I like it better than WD 40 for penetrating oil.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #17 - 10/18/07 at 09:55:29

Thanks everyone.
Got too busy with work so I haven't gotten to it yet.
Would have been nice to have an impact wrench. I did recently purchase a nice long solid wrench that you use to attach sockets to. I bought it and an 18mm socket so I can get the rear wheel adjusted. Earlier some of you guys suggested the reason my tire was getting scraped on the left side was because it was in crooked. I have not been able to get that bolt off. So now with this huge wrench that I can stand on and use my weight to get it of, I might actually be able to get the darn thing off. Hope that $25.00 bit of iron is gonna be worth its money!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #18 - 10/19/07 at 07:25:15

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
... I did recently purchase a nice long solid wrench that you use to attach sockets to...Hope that $25.00 bit of iron is gonna be worth its money!

That is called a "breaker bar" Grin

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #19 - 10/19/07 at 11:34:38

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
That is called a "breaker bar" Grin

That's a very appropriate name for it! You can definitely break  something (or someone  Tongue ) with it! Grin

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #20 - 10/20/07 at 07:02:53

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
That's a very appropriate name for it! You can definitely break  something (or someone  Tongue ) with it! Grin

AND if you get a piece of pipe and slide it on the breaker bar, you can break even more things too.

Maybe we should have a "Glossary" topic in the tech section.  Might help clear up the meanings of "thingie" and "do-hickey" too. Tongue

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #21 - 07/06/08 at 20:25:09

For future reference when searching for exhaust leaks:

Disconnect the petcock vacuum line at the petcock.  Start the engine (it will run for a short time on the gas sitting in the float bowl).  Let the vacuum tube suck a little Sea Foam into the intake tract.

Shut 'er down.  Reconnect the vacuum line to the petcock.  Wait about five minutes.  Start 'er back up.  There will be lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust.  If you have an exhaust leak, you will see some smoke coming from the leaky area.  To help things along, you can partially plug the end of the exhaust pipe with a rag to try to force some smoky exhaust our of the leaky area.

IHTH someone!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:35:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Think I found the hole!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.