Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is it still a Savage if..... (Read 75 times)
goon73
YaBB Newbies

Chop it!

Re: Is it still a Savage if.....
Reply #15 - 10/26/07 at 07:30:33

Yea, I was looking at that neck bracing, it could be done but will be a pain. of course I would hate to see you build a nice ride and have title trouble, even a rebuilt salvage title ame be easier to get than a special construction. one of my rides is a rebuilt salvage and the only extra step was I had to get it inspected before they would title. and the title has a note that it is rebuilt salvage. I built it to ride not sell, so the note doesnt bother me. Of course that is all in Texas. so I dont know the rules in your state. either way you go I will make the suggestion to keep reciepts for EVERY PART you buy. I know alot of people that have had recieptless ebay buys bit them in the butt when it came time to title. at minimum keep a paypal reciept or something on the ebay buys.

IP Logged
goon73
YaBB Newbies

Chop it!

Reply #16 - 10/26/07 at 07:31:52

AND.... if you dont use the neck either save it for the custom frame, or put it and the title in the mail to me I would defiantely use it  Grin

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #17 - 10/26/07 at 13:22:36

smokin_blue wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
With how well this jig is working out I am getting the itch to build my own frame from the ground up on the next project.

How about starting with the salvaged Savage frame and extending it 2-4 inches.  Give more leg room and space for a larger tank.  That with the chain conversion would make the savage a pretty perfect bike (IMHO).

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:21:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is it still a Savage if.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.