Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Top speed of an unmodified S-40 (Read 114 times)
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Re: Top speed of an unmodified S-40
Reply #60 - 11/03/07 at 14:44:37

Hell Billy; Don't know yet since I just did remove the 1/2 spacer last Thursday night, then filled the tank and only got 62 miles so far. Hell I don't even care since it runs so sweet. Before this last change I got around 50-52 mpg but I drive fairly aggressive. Went for a ride with some Harley buddies and got 62. But these Guys drove fairly sedate. Even if I got 40 mpg, I'm having fun. But I'll let you know. Cause these flat out speed runs don't help the gas mileage. Grin Grin

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
govmule84

Scooter Trash

Central Missouri
Reply #61 - 11/05/07 at 00:43:43

My plug's grayer than tan, but a little extra fuel, to my knowledge, is better than being a little short on fuel.  When it was spitting out tan plugs, it was bogging in the throttle...and this is probably caused by my straight pipe...it's not some engineered-for-torque masterpiece that cost me two hundred bucks.  I welded a piece of scrap exhaust pipe from a car on there, welded on a bracket with two bolts to mount 'er up, and flat-blacked it in header paint.  It turns out, so I would have no way of knowing if anything is blackening, but I suspect if I stuck my finger up there, it'd come out pretty sooty.

I'm not knocking your way...your way is definitely right...get a proper exhaust and filter, jet it correctly after a few runs.  I'm with you.  My gas mileage hasn't changed since the re-jetting, so it can't be that awful, I guess.  

I'm just a good ol' boy, doing things the good ol' boy way.  If this was a beautiful Ducati or a forty-something Panhead, sure, I'd take some time and spend some money.  But the reality is that I drive a chopped up pile of ratrod, and it does just fine.

And the ten inch blue flame that roars out of that sucker at night between shifts is pretty badass lookin'.

I gotta lighten up my air cut valve spring...55 pilot didn't help jack.

Ninety percent of my money went to bikes, broads, and booze. The rest I wasted.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #62 - 11/05/07 at 02:20:02

A straight open drag pipe makes it difficult to get a carb to act right in most cases.

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #63 - 11/05/07 at 16:15:39

Hell, Billy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Vtail, just for my curiousity, what kind of miles per gallon are you getting w/ that set up?

Well 1st tank driven very aggressive incl top-end run 46mpg. I'll try to drive more sane on my second tank but that'll be hard to do. Grin

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
govmule84

Scooter Trash

Central Missouri
Reply #64 - 11/06/07 at 19:29:48

Yep.  But the price was right, and you hear me comin' Smiley

Ninety percent of my money went to bikes, broads, and booze. The rest I wasted.
  IP Logged
cookiemonster
YaBB Newbies

Ride or work??
 Hmmmmm...

Pearl,Mississippi
Reply #65 - 11/08/07 at 18:40:28

Stock 2000 Savage...except air filter.  85 on the flat. Still got a lil throttle but sounds like (and feels like) she has had enough........  I wanna push her a bit more but i like to ride more than i like to mechanic.

2000 Yeller thumper/03 1100 sabre
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:20:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Top speed of an unmodified S-40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.