Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Boulevard Emission Cannister Thing? (Read 10 times)
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Boulevard Emission Cannister Thing?
10/13/07 at 23:38:34

I noticed that Vtail's '07 Boulevard has an unused mount under the battery.  They have modified the old muffler bracket (as I know it) and it appears to be standard issue on non CA models now. (OR and WA don't have the cannister)

This bracket has what appears to be 4 bolt holes in it.

I know that CA models have the cannister mounted there, but I've never seen one up close.  So, I assume that Suzuki is just fitting all bikes with the same muffler bracket to simplify things....or thinking to the future of the EPA Tongue

Anyway, is this the way all Boulevards are equipped now?

And finally, has anyone ever thought about mounting the battery on it (if it's unused)?  Looks to be about the right size, and I've been wondering where mine is going to go next anyway Grin

IP Logged
noshow
YaBB Newbies

Re: Boulevard Emission Cannister Thing?
Reply #1 - 10/14/07 at 19:31:58

Greg,

I haven't looked more than just a glance.....but I noticed the bracket in which you are referring to.

When I was taking off my exhaust I had wondered what it was for........I'll look again and see if the battery can be moved there.

I'll let you know tomorrow when I look at it closer.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 10/15/07 at 08:53:13

noshow wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Greg,

I haven't looked more than just a glance.....but I noticed the bracket in which you are referring to.

When I was taking off my exhaust I had wondered what it was for........I'll look again and see if the battery can be moved there.

I'll let you know tomorrow when I look at it closer.

Great.  My older Savage bracket looked (used to) very similar but it didn't have the bolt holes.  The Savage40 bracket even looks sturdier.  And of course, mine was purchased in NC anyway.

Looks like this now Grin

I sure would consider buying a Savage40 bracket if a battery would fit on it...

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 10/15/07 at 10:01:04

Greg,
 Is that pict your bracket?

My '01 (PA bike all it's life) is different in two ways.  Has what sounds like your describing, could put a battery there, althought I think it's more under the air  box.  Second, I have two holes to bolt the stock muffler on.   Is your's cut off?.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
SpeedyG
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Virginia
Reply #4 - 10/15/07 at 13:08:06

Hi Greg,

Your post got me curious about mine, so I took a look.  My '07 has the bracket with the 4 holes in it.

Colleen in VA

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 10/15/07 at 22:27:50

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Greg,
 Is that pict your bracket?

My '01 (PA bike all it's life) is different in two ways.  Has what sounds like your describing, could put a battery there, althought I think it's more under the air  box.  Second, I have two holes to bolt the stock muffler on.   Is your's cut off?.

Yes.  Mine is modified for a single bolt to mount a Raask, and I added some decorative holes after I cut off the other side of it... stock but not stock, as they say.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #6 - 10/15/07 at 22:34:12

SpeedyG wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Hi Greg,

Your post got me curious about mine, so I took a look.  My '07 has the bracket with the 4 holes in it.

Colleen in VA

Okay from Virginia.  Is the piece with 4 holes just flat metal or is it sorta stamped out?

This is from the CD.  Shows the bracket from the rear wheel view on my spouse's bike, which is a non-California Savage.  It's that handy place that sometimes gets used for jacking the bike Tongue

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 10/15/07 at 23:26:02

Maybe laying a board upo there to keep the jack from jamming on such a small area would spread the load out & not bend the jacket( Jack Bracket)

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #8 - 10/16/07 at 08:29:56

Dunno.  That bracket is probably the first and most convenient place to jack the bike, but not really a good idea.

I didn't realize it when I took that shot, but the jack really is under the engine that time.

Either way, my ultimate goal is to get rid of that big old battery box if possible...hiding the battery would be even better.

IP Logged
SpeedyG
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Virginia
Reply #9 - 10/17/07 at 04:06:36

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Okay from Virginia.  Is the piece with 4 holes just flat metal or is it sorta stamped out?

This is from the CD.  Shows the bracket from the rear wheel view on my spouse's bike, which is a non-California Savage.  It's that handy place that sometimes gets used for jacking the bike Tongue

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/gmdinusa/Muffler_2.jpg

IP Logged
SpeedyG
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Virginia
Reply #10 - 10/17/07 at 04:11:18

oops.  let me try answering again.  There is the wider, flat piece of metal that is horizontal (like the one in your pic).  Then there is also two oblong pieces of metal welded to the bottom of the horizontal piece.  These two pices go in the opposite direction (front to back) and have the two holes drilled into them.  Hope this makes sense.  If you need I could try to take a pic and email it to you.

Colleen

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #11 - 10/17/07 at 07:09:18

Yeah, if you have the time, that would help.  I might have a new project coming up Tongue

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 19:26:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Boulevard Emission Cannister Thing?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.