Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Best performing muffler for 96 LS650 (Read 7 times)
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Best performing muffler for 96 LS650
10/11/07 at 21:58:34

Yes I know, this issue has been addressed in a number of threads but ...
Let's see what we can come up with based on the following.
The bike will be operated in Florida at less than 100' elevation and pretty warm average temperatures.
Base parameters are a 1996 Savage with these mods:
Idle mixture screw mod, white spacer mod (2#4s), 55 and 150 jets, cone filter and a NGK Iridium plug. Weight has been reduced by removal of sissybar/fender rails and rear signals, tail light and tag bracket, removal of stock muffler and heatshield, chopped front and rear fenders and removal of the pillion seat and rear footpegs.
These are the choices available to me:
Harley dyna or sportster muffler, Jardine muffler made for the 650, Supertrapp muffler also made for the 650 or a dragpipe with a 4 inch baffle.
Based on your own personal experiences, opininions, articles or links, dyno tests or manufacturers claims, which muffler do y'all think will produce the best performance at 75mph or less?
Thanks in advance,
Ike
Grin

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Best performing muffler for 96 LS650
Reply #1 - 10/12/07 at 01:51:15

Suppertrap with the right amount of disks.

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 10/12/07 at 04:53:03

I have to agree with Krop since the trapp is tunable to the rest of the engine.

IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #3 - 10/12/07 at 08:23:20

Thank you both,
Ok, based on the specs provided for this particular configuration, how many discs are best. Since I do not have, nor can afford a dyno test?
Thanks,
Ike
???

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/13/07 at 15:52:48

YOu can use the Hanes dyno. A stopwatch & the seat of your pants, mark off a place & do tests, have fun widditt! When ya order the Trapp, get the additional 6 pack O disks & save the added cost of freight when it becomes obvious you will need more than the supplied 8 disks. Use glpbs of antisieze, cram it into the holes the bolts go in & rub it on the threads well. I just dabbed a bit here & there & expected it to spread & cover. On a cooler spot it woulda worked fine, but I had a rough time working those bolts loose to get the additional 6 disks in. I had to buy new bolts, because the threads were so galled up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #5 - 10/13/07 at 18:28:13

I like my mid 80's sporty muff. Its deep and rumbles the way I like it. My wife claims she can hear my bike in the morning 3 blocks away. Its right for my elevation. check my sig for mods.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:27:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Best performing muffler for 96 LS650

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.