Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers (Read 342 times)
ebmiller2

Bel Air, MD
Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers
10/11/07 at 11:33:30

I just put a set of Universal Floorboards on "Suzi" and brought her home today from my cousins garage.  My thanks to "Jack_650" for his guidance.  Here are a couple of pictures of the floorboards:

Since I towed the bike home from my cousins garage, I thought you may like to see the MC Carrier I used.  Here are a couple of pictures:

While I have your attention, I thought I'd show you my Bullet Turn Signals and HD Seat:

Once again, my thanks to everyone for all of the assistance, and great information, I have received from the gang who post to this site.

Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers
Reply #1 - 10/11/07 at 12:04:53

I love those floor boards! They don't get slippery when it rains?? Also how much did they run for, and where did you get them?

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
ebmiller2

Bel Air, MD
Reply #2 - 10/11/07 at 13:24:09

islandwahine,

The Universal Floorboards are available from J C Whitney and some vendors on ebay.  The run anywhere between $$35 ans $40 plus freight.  The rubber on the floorboards may be slippery when wet - I haven't been out in the rain.  However, I will be looking for a new cover with more tooth.  Following is the add from from Whitney.   Smiley

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Motorcycle-Floorboards/600014704.jcw?in_dim_search=1

WWW   IP Logged
ebmiller2

Bel Air, MD
Reply #3 - 10/11/07 at 13:33:44

Sorry, The link to Whitney shows the wrong set of floorboards.  This one from ebay shows the correct set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-Floorboards-Footboards-4-Harley-Choppers-...

Search for "Floorboards" by user "Jack_650" for installation instructions

WWW   IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #4 - 10/11/07 at 13:34:15

They look great , I want some

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #5 - 10/11/07 at 13:56:35

Are you planning on bidding against me?? LOL
I see there are 9 other bis so far.
It does say they are for a Harley though!!
???

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #6 - 10/11/07 at 14:36:40

What is the order # for JC Whitney ?

IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #7 - 10/11/07 at 16:02:11

are you bidding for real? let me know
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
bnlfan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 10/11/07 at 17:49:44

SteveRocket1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Steve

I was looking too.  I'll wait to bid on another set.  Good luck.

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #9 - 10/11/07 at 17:54:19

SteveRocket1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Steve

I did put in my highest bid, we'll see what happens.

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #10 - 10/11/07 at 22:06:09

ebmiller2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I just put a set of Universal Floorboards on "Suzi" and brought her home today from my cousins garage.  My thanks to "Jack_650" for his guidance.  

What needs to be done to make them fit?

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #11 - 10/11/07 at 22:37:24

You're right on the rubber on those "less expensive" floorboards being slippery when wet. I usually ride with my feet towards the back of the boards, hanging off the back a bit and haven't had too much trouble. Don't know how secure you would feel if you had to stand on them for any distance in the rain, but if things are that bad you should probably be getting off the road anyway.

The glue they used on mine to hold the rubber on didn't hold up too well. I road through a torrential downpour for a couple hours once and one of them just "went away". If you think the rubber gets slippery try having the bare metal under your wet shoe. I went to a big chain hardware/homeware store and bought a couple of the smaller rubber(y) door mats and cut them down to fit and used the heavy dutiest (is that even a word?) construction adhesive to glue them in place. No trouble yet. The mats have a surface sort of like rubber/asphalt with black sand embedded in them. Really pretty slip-proof feeling and they have a pattern as well. I've had them on for about three months and over six thousand miles and it's way better than the original pads.

Easy puppies to install too. Just have to drill the mounting holes out a tich to accomodate our pass through mounting bolt. Oh yeah, make sure you get ones that have the two angle mounting option. You need to use the not flat angle so the boards end up close to horizontal to the ground.

Jack

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #12 - 10/11/07 at 22:43:54

Oh yeah. On that towing set-up I would think you wouldn't want to try it if you had just filled up the gas tank. I know my tank would dribble gas out and onto my leg when I filled it a little too full on a hot day. Gas expands quickly when the sun beats down on the tank from above and the engine heats it from below. At that (about) 30 degree angle or so I bet it could get kinda messy for the seat.

I may have to get my welding buddy to do me something like that with a drop down reciever so the wheel rides a little closer to the ground. No need for this frail old body to have to lift the front end any higher than neccesary.

Jack

IP Logged
ebmiller2

Bel Air, MD
Reply #13 - 10/12/07 at 03:52:01

Your right about the gas.  My tank was almost full, and it dribbled all the way home.  

I agree, a 6" drop in the MC carrier would be nice.  I could have bought it with the drop but didn't think.  Following is a link to the seller on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Tow-Cradle-No-Trailer-Haul-Big-Litt...

WWW   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #14 - 10/12/07 at 12:04:25

Do you have the Suzuki Engine Guard on your bike?

Or a different one? Sorry,pics take forever to download on my pc  Sad

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:23:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.