Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers (Read 342 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers
Reply #30 - 10/15/07 at 12:26:29

Love the color, love the look. Very nice Jack. I saw your bike not long after I got to this site & I am very impressed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Lon
YaBB Newbies

Short STer

Nashua, NH
Reply #31 - 10/17/07 at 13:46:56

Do the floorboards fold up if you hit the ground?

WWW   IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #32 - 10/17/07 at 19:25:54

Lon wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Do the floorboards fold up if you hit the ground?

The site where I saw the info on them said they they didn't.
I think if those top bracket corners were rounded off they might.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 05/28/08 at 22:38:42

Note: When used in place of highway pegs, these floorboards should not be used under normal stop and go operating conditions.

?????? I dont get it..

The link to the Ebay seller didnt work for me, it said it had been removed.
I like the idea of not needing a trailer to get the bike down the road. How does it act in a corner? Anything negative about it except the gas dribbling?

When the pegs finally give up, are floorboards a decent replacement IF the pegs died from scraping in corners? Would the floorboards get smoked that way?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #34 - 05/29/08 at 09:05:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/28/08 at 22:38:42:
Note: When used in place of highway pegs, these floorboards should not be used under normal stop and go operating conditions.

?????? I dont get it..

The link to the Ebay seller didnt work for me, it said it had been removed.
I like the idea of not needing a trailer to get the bike down the road. How does it act in a corner? Anything negative about it except the gas dribbling?

When the pegs finally give up, are floorboards a decent replacement IF the pegs died from scraping in corners? Would the floorboards get smoked that way?

To re-word that confusing statement yet again for clarity: If you mount floorboards way up high like you would hi-way pegs; don't try to use them in stop-n-go traffic. It would be kind of dumb to put floorboards way up like hi-way pegs; then try to get to your foot controls quickly from that position wouldn't it?

Justin: If you drag pegs a lot, you're not really a floorboard candidate I think.

On the bike towing contraption, as I've seen done before, there are better ones that articulate (are jointed to turn) in the middle so there isn't as much stress put on the bike.

As for pegs or floorboards: I can't really abide by floorboards, but my current O-ring pegs are kind or rough on the foot arches, and even contribute to my knees aching I believe. So I recently ordered a set of these "mega pegs":

I think they have an adjustable tilt mechanism so you can get them to the correct angle. I'll know more in a week or so when mine show up. I recall that someone else on the forum had them installed and I liked the pictures of theirs. They gotta be more comfy than those solid old O-ring pegs.  Cool

But for those who really want floorboards, the same eBay seller has these reasonable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360054809288

So much bling.... so little money!  Cheesy

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #35 - 05/29/08 at 21:20:10

What I want to know is where o where did you get that acorn fuel filter, and is it effective? Thanks.
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 18:28:23